What is your dream server?

Obviously, official servers aren’t the way to play this game, because someone needs to stop the rampant exploits and such. So most people prefer private servers.

My question for all you exiles, is what do you want to see in a server, the most? I recently purchased the highest end Conan server I could possibly find, and I’m wondering what rules and rates, will attract the highest player population.

What do you guys think?

My Land Claim flag idea put good use, would get me online alot more, and server prices being alot better. Last I looked, it was 19$ a month. --_–’ Be like 3 or 4 of us, lol.
Sucks Console users can’t do private servers. (are own hosting)

Or Admin and Mods on servers. I’ve gone thru way to many on Ps4 side with wall ins, block areas, racist symbols on lawns.

PVP can be fun when people actual PVP. To many people avoid each other till they log out, then attack. So boring. =/

I’ve restarted alot of characters, my single-player setting have narrowed down really well. (thou ps4 has crap sliders) I’m fairly happy with 9-10 changes to default customs.

1 Like

Official Server with the ability to change my hair.

1 Like

My current official server is my dream server.

I know everyone, and everyone knows me (mainly through my public maprooms, and my general chatty demeanour)

Everyone respects each other, and builds sustainably, knowing that we are all inside a glass bottle. If even 1 person farts… well. You get the picture.

It’s nice to log on and say hi, and everyone says hi back. Cozy casual athmosphere.

Goes without saying that there always were rough times when griefers came, but all in all, it gave everyone something to talk about.

A party is what you make of it.

4 Likes

I kinda gotta agree with this. I feel the same way. Public Map rooms. A tavern. A noob shop. Life is good on my server.

If they could just…let me do my hair.

1 Like

In addition to having some of my friends from the Official I’m on, I’d like to see a PvE running:

• Mutigun’s Less Building Restrictions Overlap Edition
  • shorter purge tick settings (so purges build faster)
  • Char Edit Lite
  • Fashionist
  • Stabilise Camera
  • Swift Elevator
  • Something to kill the annoying drum sound in the inventory screen
  • A mod that lets each person make personal obelisks, yet attune to only one at a time
  • A mod that allows players to create public chests/benches and also create “mailboxes” into which we can deposit items for a specific player or clan
  • A scavenger mode so a player could build a “dungeon” base then disown it so that there’s an actual well-built NPC base others could attack

Edit: Oh and for the server to have a sensible admin so that we can have a longer decay time without fearing building spam.

1 Like

PvE official 1005. Best PvE server I ever played. A international, adult community with nice and helpful player.

I do not play on private servers because whenever the admin gets bored, he will just turn off the server or change rules or whatever.

2 Likes

no abuse on your part, protect the ressource camps and named spawns, ban griefers trolls and hackers.
standard rates.

Would events drive you guys toward a server?

Dream Server:
PC Hardcore PvE with mods. RP available (but not ERP). And active Admin(s).
All players that join the server, join the same clan (one big clan vs. the NPCs on the server)
Thus, every building that players build are for all the players on the server (no building to cut people off - no building to obstruct resources - no blocking obelisks). Every player base is accessible and useful for all players.

Combat
NPC damage to players increased at least x2
Player damage to NPCs decreased to .75
Friendly Fire .1

Gathering/Harvest rate .5
XP slowed .5-.75
No XP from Time

Day/Night: Dusk set to .7 (a little slower transition time)
Day set to .5 (longer days)
Night set to x2 (shorter nights)

Knock out thralls - max time

Purge - max settings (but requires players to be online - no offline Purges). Thus, every Purge is a “server event”.

Basically, its a setup that requires players to work together to accomplish goals. Combat is tougher which encourages (but does not require) co-op gameplay.

Mods like:
Litman Thrall Placing Distance
UIPlus Lite
WYSIWIG Wheel of Pain
Multigun’s Less Building Restrictions Overlap Edition & Additional Improvements Add-On
Exile Lands Improved
Warrior Mutator
Fashionist
Char Edit LIte
Pickup+
Just No Rain Only
Kerozards Paragon Leveling - A Multigun Refresh
T4 Thralls - Increased Spawn
No More Human Parts (sorry, Yog worshippers)
Litman Item Stack & Container Size
Extended Cartography
Pippi

For solo (single player) I also use a mod to extend tool duration, increase carry weight, and SP Boss (its for doing everything yourself).

EDIT: To date, I have never found a single server with that kind of a lineup (hardcore PvE Co-op with Mods). I did find a hardcore server once, but the players were isolationists (everyone keeping only to themselves, the admin was absent, and no mods… just vanilla CE).

The mods listed are some of the ones I use in single player. Some may need to be deleted for group play if it makes the game too easy for groups (like T4 Thralls - Increased Spawn).

1 Like

sera67 not sure what you mean about ps4 people can do there own hosting is guide on these fourms on how but you still need a good pc to run the server on you can’t host it on a console but you can host a ps4 server on your pc.

me personly i run my own ps4 server i am pretty happy with it way i have it setup some things i would like to see is ablity to add mods esp ones that let you change thralls apparence etc also them to fix the bugs nightly i have to teleport around replaceing peoples thralls because of the recent bugs that wipes them out for no reason server wide.

The thread about personal server clearly states you can not for consoles.

If there is a work around, beyond G-portal and its bad pricing… then its a secret to most of public. XD

My dream server? One that I can connect to. >:(

This post brought to you by Steam or my computer or my game or something refusing to let me connect to my server lately and running the game like a slideshow when I do get on.

My dream server is the server where i have fun, and good time.

What matters settings, mods and stuff, if people are not friendly, or simply you think you lose your time ?
A dream is very subjectif and depending feeling and moment.

But otherwise, yes, i like not to altered settings, especially leveling. It’s still fast anyway. So default is fine to me.
Mostly i love alter hunger/thirst a bit, because this should be the prime concern in a game, but a part of. Not to low, but maybe not default. Active lower than iddle.

It depends lot how many players are active on server to determine also clan size, but i believe smaller clans are bringing more. So mostly my favs settings are 4 people clans max.

Sure, choice between pvp and pve and pve-co, without forgetting about single/co-op mods, i mostly prefer a nice pvp settings, still with some good rules.
Role-play is fine with the right fitting community.

Mods, sure yes, i love good mods, but used with care. Here all depend player-base, and what the mods do. An outdated mod can harm a full server, and at worst it will need a wipe. So still to keep it in mind.
But the right mods can add lot to a nice community, especially for role-play and if you love building.

1 Like

While i love most of your proposed settings, i doubt bit about the viability when it comes to all one clan, all to everybody.

I mean, as idea, it’s great, it’s fantastic ever, but humans are humans, and i doubt it may work on the long run. Or if, with a very restricted community. Maybe some old community of players knowing each others after long years of gaming.

Mods are still a discussion. And they change over time. Some get outdated, and never get any update, that’s life.
So like i said in a previous post here, the bigger and activer the player-base, the less mods, at least game-changer i would use. Not because they’re not great, but because if they stop working, it’s a hard clash for the server, and mostly players hate that.

1 Like

Agreed. And like I said, I’ve never found such a hardcore PvE co-op styled server. So I just play solo mostly. And yes, the mod loadout changes over time as outdated ones fade away or a current mod addition is making the game too easy. Fortunately, in solo, when a mod updates, the server and only player updates, too.

Thralls and pets are about as ‘co-op’ as solo play will allow (so it is imperative that they work well). And that’s one of the main reasons I’m glad the devs are working on the thrall AI behaviors and functions (including Purges) during these game fixes.

1 Like

I agree, singleplayer is handy and i play often SP.
Like you said, no troubles to update the mods, not to care for a fitting version for the server.
But i love both.
AI is very important, also for simple immersion. So i’m still curious to see what is coming out, like some special catch you know. :wink:

1 Like

That would be nice. An option to change your looks without having to start all over again.

Dream Server: Totally Vanilla, 24/7 PvP, East Coast USA no ping.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.