Workbench-Thralls are static after the update

Seems to me that there are as many or more reports from unmodded private or official server players at this point.

Appears to look away from being due to a mod.

@Ignasi.

Regards

jim

I’m playing on an Official PvE server, and it’s the same with my thralls on both of my Steam accounts. Other players on the server have confirmed the same thing: crafting thralls have their animations frozen, but removing them and readding them to the bench makes the animations play once more.

Want me to take a video of the problem, @Ignasi?

1 Like

Pippi
Sexiles
Fashionista

And my own:
LoR Server MKII
Tough Dogs MKII
SFX Combat Cue
Personal XP reduction

My mod adds recipes to the Alchemist, but that doesn’t explain why all crafter thralls have become static.

1 Like

@Ignasi: Recorded a video of it happening on #1502 to demonstrate that it is happening on unmodded official servers as well.

Recording started shortly after booting into the game, so there’s a 20 second delay as my base finishes loading. Of interest, you’ll note that hair physics is still animating even though the character models are not. Also dancers and fighters appear unaffected.

NOTE: I restarted the game immediately after this, and when I loaded in again, the crafters were all back to frozen.

As an additional test, I removed/replaced the crafters again, then maproomed to the Mounds obelisk and ran back. When I did this, the crafters I’d reset remained animated, while those that I didn’t reset remained frozen.

5 Likes

This is greatly appreciated, Larathiel. Thanks for submitting the video. This is an exact example of the problem I am having as well.

3 Likes

Additionally, as seen in the video of @Larathiel, the Carpenter-thrall is standing on the wrong side of the workbench. I experience the same, the lady appears inside a wall until I dismiss her from the workbench and then put her to work again.

3 Likes

Yes. This exactly regarding the Carpenter’s Bench. Exact same thing for me.

1 Like

Thanks @Larathiel for the video. We’re updating the report and relaying it to our team with this new piece of info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of the mods the user has, I have Emberlight running and all my thralls are working as expected.

I would recommend standard tech resolution process:

1. Remove all mods, bounce PC and test on Solo;
  2. Remove all mods, bounce Server and test;
  3. Add Emberlight and test on Server;
  4. Add all mods that have no effect on craftstations or thralls and retest;
  5. Check Steam for each mod for reported issues.

…for what that’s all worth.

And when I say remove the mods I mean delete the actual .PAK files on the server and locally so that when they load up again.

Good luck!

As I am on Xbox (like some others here also) and on official servers without mods, seeking here points into the wrong direction. If you have no mods and the same issue, the mods obviously cannot be the reason.

1 Like

If your thralls on xbox are not working then you need to log that as something for the xbox category as the above is for Modded PC.

FunCom are already looking if there’s an issue in general and for non private, modded servers though.

This is the PC-Bug-Section, but not necessarily only for modded PC.
I mentioned the ‘modded’ only for information purposes, not for restricting this chat.

I am quite happy that a console-user chimed in and showed that this bug also appears on other platforms and thus cannot be mod-related.

2 Likes

I should get a shot to test this out later today and see if this works.

Not that I don’t appreciate the assistance on this, Grymm, but unfortunately we have several reports posted here and on the Steam link I posted, that are coming from people playing on Official Servers and Private Un-Modded Servers.

But truthfully, any fix is a good fix for my base full of mannequin challengers.

1 Like

I am busy going on SOLO and testing loading the mods I use. PIPPI loaded fine, but now heading through the rest - Emberlight, Savage Steel and co

On Solo and without any mods, no issues placing any foundations or craftstations. With PIPPI, no issues as well. Slow progress. I recommend others follow this route if they have mods - even if there are further patches from FC.

I have still had no luck in fixing this.

I don’t use any mods and I play on a private server, and I have this same problem, all the thrall craftsman seem frozen in mid action, like the blacksmith will have her hammer raised above her head and be frozen in that position.

1 Like

After the hotfix of Saturday the thralls at my workbenches behave normally again :smiley:

1 Like

Can second this. Mine seem to be working again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.