You cannot use Russian to search for objects and workbenches in Crafting (2.3 Rev # 279274/28448)

Online official
Bug
PC (PvE) Isle of Siptah
EU
Official server #6058 PvE -g- portal.com
Rev # 279274/28448
No mods

1. Open the character menu
  2. Try what to write in Russian in the item Crafting
2 Likes

This issue was reported 29 days ago, aren’t your programmers ashamed?

1 Like

The same problem on the patch Rev # 279274/28448

You can not give names to labels on the world map Russian names

1 Like

Hello @AND_GREAT, it seems that we were unable to reproduce this issue internally when it was originally reported, we’ll forward your feedback so that it can be looked into once more and will get back to you if we need any additional details.

Out of 10 people that were updated on our Russian server, 9 cannot write in the creation of items and cannot put marks on the map with Russian names

1 Like

Online official
Bug
PvE
EU

Hello. After update 2.3, the ability to search for items in the inventory in Russian was lost. Cyrillic characters are not entered. You can enter Latin characters, but you cannot search, since all the names of items are in Russian.

I have this problem on 2 servers (1301, 6055). Also, all other players say that they have this problem.

2 Likes

This applies to renaming slaves, pets, using search. Not a single characters set other than Latin works. (Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc.)

4 Likes

Anyway, the problem is caused by this fix:
– Fixed additional unicode characters that could be used to spoof invisible names for clans and players.
They fixed one, broke the other…

1 Like

That should surprise absolutely no one…

It’s terrible. And what about chat window, does it work OK, or have we to chat with our Russian playmates in English? :laughing:

2 Likes

Cyrillic is available in the chat

1 Like

поставь пробел, потом пиши на русском, частично помогает.

1 Like

Верстаки, оружие с пробелом тоже искать так искать?, имя персонажа, раба, пета тоже с пробелом(, пусть жопу поднимут и правят месяц назад им сказал об этой ошибке, проигнорировали или забили большой ку…

1 Like

Greetings,

Our team reported that this issue has been investigated with 2 different Russian keyboard layouts. We were able to type with Russian alphabet in all available text fields.

In order to further investigate, can you provide some specific keyboard model, keyboard settings, and windows version?

Please feel free to reach out to us in private as well. We’ll keep investigating.

Apologies for the frustration.

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX
and
Microsoft natural multimedia keyboard 1.0A rt9470

The system has two languages, English and Russian. I removed the English completely at first - it did not help. I removed and re-installed Russian - it did not help

System Information

Time of this report: 3/17/2021, 16:39:23
Machine name:
Machine Id: {11477FDF-628C-4883-8344-E01241B7FB2D}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 2606 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
Page File: 8006MB used, 13671MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

Deleted Conan Exiles, reinstalled - did not help
Deleted Conan Exiles via Revo Uninstaller, re-installed - did not help
Replacement for a wired keyboard Microsoft natural multimedia keyboard 1.0A rt9470 - did not help

1 Like

It is unlikely that the keyboard make has anything to do with the problem. The issue started for me and my friend after the patch. We run different setups. I have a machine running Win 10 (System language is Russian, default Russian layout). The other machine is Manjaro Linux (the game works fine under Proton), English language, using the “default” Russian keyboard layout. Same issue, Russian is unusable for names and in searches unless you put a space or a dot before the text.

2 Likes
spoiler

image image
image image
image image

full sys report
http://188.124.36.153:82/Root/NeXuS/Report.txt

kb default office
driver default

not instaled lang tools switches
ru text not work in game only, and if you first put any eng character (or space), then the Cyrillic alphabet works

1 Like

It appears that the issue is not only with Cyrillic but anything which is not recognized as an English letter. I cannot type in Cyrillic either but I also cannot start with a letter ä or ü or ö when my language is set to German. I know Funcom are looking into it and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

1 Like

Thank you all for the additional information.

We’ll forward everything to our team and hope they can get a better idea of why this is happening with this new data.

Windows 10
x7 G800V keyboard

Nobody on our server (50+ ppl were asked) can type in Russian, so the keyboard is not the deal

2 Likes