@ Alex (Lead Designer)

This!!! FF was a very real issue to be aware of in EA… until launch day. On that day, the FF factor went to .2, and absolutely gutted the need for friendlies to watch their swings when converging on a single player. This is one change they could’ve easily made long ago to balance out the PvP game, and absolutely should be changed asap.

3 Likes

I echo the sentiment. It was a pleasure to have Alex on and listen to him to a little more of a deep dive into his thoughts on the game. He did a fine job.

I was even more surprised that he not only answered my question on the 5th enc perk, but he took it a direction I never expected to be on FCs radar. I for one would love to see the OP nature of the 5th perk changed. Played a ton of EA, and farming and raiding was much more challenging without this. I would love to see this toned back, and maybe have the extra weight or capacity moved to followers.

5 Likes

Want to say great job devsplaining by Alex.

From I what i can tell by his expressions when answering the enc 5 perk, it is really a sore spot with him. And that coupled with the brutal cworl comment (how Conan should be) tells me future changes are to make players engage more with online opponents on PVP servers, and not rely on out resourcing new clans.

3 Likes

Alex also said they “Value the engagement of the majority of the people” I think their CHANGING movement speed proves that he sincerely meant that. Lets give this patch and rework a go. I am looking forward to seeing if it fixed my issues with being queasy, and am thrilled with the information that was shared in their livestream yesterday.

I heartily disagree with your conclusion. You absolutely SHOULD be forced to engage in a fight if you choose to move close to a dangerous entity. Be it players or animals. You should be forced to play the game and not be allowed to ignore all wildlife or other players because of shortcomings in the combat mechanic.

I absolutely knew that someone would try to reproach at him for uttering that he is playing the game. However a game designer has probably a broader view at his own game experience other than how it can be even more easy for my chosen playstyle.

1 Like

Yeah, i’m sure you know the game better than the developers who program everything…

Why would you? if it’s a well organized raid and you are alone why you should have an advantage? that actually depends on you, on how you set your defences, how much do you build, if you place decoys or traps, etc.
Sounds like you want to play in a pvp server but be untouchable because you play alone… i know there are always some ■■■■■■■■ who just make life imposible for others, but that how pvp is, even in pve server there will be people building wacky stuff around your base to piss you off.
if what you want is just to play duels or kill people while they haven’t noticed you without consecuences, try pve C and place a battle standard.

3 Likes

I very much like the increased communication and respect Alex for that. It’s changed my opinion about the development team in a positive way. I’m now more interested in playing this wonderful game again.

He did explain his thinking on PVP players getting an undesired benefit from low latency and undesired effects of the mechanics.

3 Likes

If you run you just die tired…

I get you are frustrated because you are dying a lot but maybe you should look to changing how you play and get better that way rather than expect funcom to change its game to fit your play style. Especially if you are playing solo PvP.

When is the ps4 patch?

Is Alex philosophy also the reason for RARE legendary nerfs, because they are hard to get?

It all started with the Lifeblood spear…
then the Lying Bastard sword and the quivering arrows make now 15dmg! Legendary arrows!! Crafted dragonbone arrows make 22dmg.

So If 1 guy farmed long for such items and has an advantage against a group of new players, he takes the fun away from them.

But the group of players is seen much more important.
And instead of also farming the rare legendaries they cried everywhere…

So whats the long goal? To have more and/or new players play the game. They buy the game and maybe DLC…
The guys who already played for a certain time and therefore have more items, are not seen as important… They already spent the money on the game anyway…

1 Like

Is there any chance of a answer I paid so much money into the game and want to play again haven’t played since the update, haven’t played because of the arrow 100% armour penetration glitch would be grateful for a answer.
Thanks

If anyone knew it you probably would have gotten an answer by now :slight_smile:
Also please do not derail threads with your own topics, make a thread yourself.

How about don’t tell me what to do and chill out, nothing gets answered on here anyway :triumph:

1 these so called alpha clans can’t defend everything at once.
2 running away is easy, roll back and run. Or if I have my horse. Pffff
3 conan does need to get harder, if I can run up north at level one and kill everything then ya to easy. The update made our thralls and ourselves stronger but everything in the world stayed the same.
4 the number one survival rule it to survive which means if you need to kill it find the best way running away especially in pvp tells other players your weak. Easy base to raid they will just run away.
5 if your older and not good or have disabilities then pvp is defentilty not for you.
6 I am a solo player and will never complain about a bigger clan or alpha clan I have taken them out before and after the update. Very rare on pvp very very rare I see a 10 person clan, out of 5 ppl on a clan maybe 2 actually know what they are doing. But yes if there are 5 people attacking your base and your solo good luck you either get raided or you hold them off long enough they have exhausted their resources. Or like me when they attacking your decoy base you rebuild it as they attack if they get through you teleport to your back up base. Where all your supplies wait for retalliation. One base out in the open I use the gather and store the back up I run all the stuff I collected for the day to my back up. Which is nearly impossible to get to I dont even think maxed out climbing speck with climbing gear can get you there if you dont die climbing through the lava this games to easy.
6 ya big clans cant defend everything at once I only need to defend one base. My other base you need an hour to set up your treb I’ve killed you and destroyed your bed rolls before you were even half way. Without even touching the ground level. Stradegy is key to surviving in conan exiles.
7 alliances 10 man clan then there are another 10 ppl out there playing join up for a night to take out the big guys works for me. Helping others locks in those allies when needed.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand, is that the pvp fighting with bombs is still a thing. In my opinion this is ridiculously unfair.

1 Like

What do you mean fighting with bombs like people actually places bombs to kill you or destroying your structures, because anyone using a bomb to kill me all they doing is giving me free bombs. Which by the time they place it and set it I’ve rolled away from it. Structure wise I dont want to sit there wacking away at a door with a sword or spend an hour trying to set up a treb while being attacked.

As in, see a fleeing opponent, place a bomb and precision-hit the bomb with a throwing axe.

Video credit @SirDaveWolf.

2 Likes

3 on 1 ? I’d use bombs 2 that’s actually pretty smart