Bans for no reason, This is not an exception but everyday life

Hello! I bought the game on Steam and bought a private server from Funcom. I played for a day and they banned me and won’t let me into Funcom’s services. I did not use any mods or cheats on the server. Explain the reason for the ban?

“Funcom Service” is most time a bug not ban
just try reconect again and again and again and again and it will work after some time

Thanks, I’ll try

No I’ll go play something else and I am there for that reason.

You rented a private server from Gportal and funcom can’t ban you from it. funcom can’t ban you from a private server.

Let me tell you a story.

Here a couple weeks ago when I was still playing a build across the river from me failed to rez, everything fell in the river, of coarse all homeless thralls just stayed, never wander off or de spawned.

Found out later it was the same builder that got a time out and admin wipe of their base that stretch from the village north of the sink hole to Meks spire.

Popped in the other day to get some challenges done, hyenas, easiest way to get them is maproom to the sink hole because I’m in the jungle. Sure enough the builder is back on building the same way in the same place. Time out taught them nothing. Not like anyone could have built there, the thralls held to spot for them.

My opinion is they were of the opinion they hadn’t violated any TOC, they got no automated warning. So obviously some {insert insult} made a false report.

Talking with people in chat they feel unless they get a no build warning they think it’s ok to build where ever. They get a time out for building on a POI and think some :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: made a false report.
If they use too many thralls they get a warning they hit their limit, so are expecting the same putting down foundations. They can’t be in violation of the TOC because they got no warning about covering too much of the map, using too may foundations, or too many building pieces.

How could they have possibly violated the TOC if the got no pop up warning? So it had to be some one filing a false report.

Hold that thought, I have been made aware of spamming false reports. This PVE I’m talking about.

No I am not advocating a foundation limit, I am advocating a warning once a certain number have been laid. I had the “foundation limit wont work” driven home when one of the people on the server I’m on was bragging about the full clan roister of alts, so he could have 100 thralls.

Personally I prefer land claim blocks. I propose 6 per player, area TBD. You could have 6 small bases, 3 medium sized, or one huge base. I’d go for one medium and 4 smalls.

Which is what I have now :astonished:

But something needs to be done. funcom server management is one of the top five thread topics on this forum. And what one thing that would make the biggest difference in these discussions is missing?
funcom.

I’m not playing right now, I do the login to dedecay. But that is about it. I got challenges to do, journeys to finish, dungeons to conquer, eh I can’t do any of that with out getting slapped in the face by funcom failing management of THEIR game on the public servers.

It’s not our job to be funcoms HOA cops. What funcoms zendesk approach to server management leads to is the public server I’m on. Builds covering 1/3 of a map square is common. Noob river looks like Morocco, the sink hole looks like down town Dubai. The mounds look like Stockholm.

I set here, chatting in discord, listening to shock metal{?} looking at the Conan game icon, want to play, but I know I’m just going to get disgust and log out, so don’t click it. No, I can’t say my experiences with private servers has been any better.

I want to play Conan, even with the legacy bugs; maybe with out the present server

desync. Conan’s public servers are like public toilets, eventually the lack of maintenance just makes it less disgusting to just go :poop: in a bush. And I really don’t want to use the toilet in some one else’s house.

So in the woods, using a hole I dug in a survival game demo.

@DeaconElie If your story wasn’t so sad I would be inclined to laugh :smiley:

There’s a reason why I’m so pissed off.
To understand this you would have to know the whole story.
I was at ESL Anticheatadmin in Counterstrike for years. I started Conan 5 years ago. My goal has always been to fight cheaters legally, be it in ARK, Conan or Counterstrike.

I have also been on TV in this context. At Conan, the admins always put obstacles in my way, so I took a break a few years ago. During this time my girlfriend started playing the game. After about 4 months she had built a large base in the Deserter’s Gutter.

Then she was banned for 2 weeks without warning, after protesting she received a message that the base was too big and the server was lagging.

She wrote back that such a rule doesn’t exist. She didn’t get an answer to that, but it was subsequently incorporated into the rules :D.

Then we both tried again together. I built again in the “Deserter`s Gutter”. But this time it was much smaller, so there were no foundations on the outside, no walls, etc. so no land claim either. Since this spot was about 4-5 times as large on almost all servers, I felt safe this time,
until one day the log said that this base had been deleted by an admin.

Then I was pissed. My girlfriend was still on the team and she hadn’t been online for 2 months because she had started another game. Since I now knew Funcom, I kicked she off the team just to be on the safe side and wrote a protest because there really wasn’t a single reason to delete this base.

I was certainly a little upset during this protest, but I tried to remain objective. The next day I was banned anyway (after the protest). My Girlfriend was also banned because she was no longer on the team and hadn’t been online for two months i also didnt understnad this 0%.

There are always a lot of players on every server, most of whom come from the same country and are just overwhelming the Serevr with mesh and skybases or rushing past you with speed hack and esp and climbing faster than any monkey. But nobody is interested in them.

My friend reported a flybase from a Russian player. After 5 days he got an answer that there was no base in this position on the ground, he freaked out and wrote back that a flybase is usually not on the ground :smiley: but someone seems to have warned our colleague before the admin 2nd x came the base was gone.

Maybe some of you now understand why some players are so pissed off.

Kind regards to all honest players out there

:brazil: servers Feedback @Funcom_Community

Geralmente pessoal aparece aqui no FORUM somente quando vão de BAN porém a maioria que joga conan exiles não sabe por que motivo clica no botão “OK” quando estão entrando em servidor oficial g-portal que na verdade são públicos… E sim existe uma data que pode ser enviada a qualquer momento para o suporte zendesk de qualquer inregularidade que já tenha cometido dentro de um servidor público “oficial” .
Para resumir as regras inclui chat tóxico ou ofensivo e etc… Recomendo conferir o link ou também poderá ouvir em um clipe que fiz também em inglês mostrando as regras de conduta e de construção que também tem regras… Entre em contato com zendesk para saber os detalhes sobre seu impedimento de jogar conan exiles

https://funcom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sadly i can confirm your experience

officials pvp are full of skybase & undermesh, if you report its you have a probability of 50% to have the case ignored.

and to talk about the level of skill of admin on pvp server, they can also ban you for foundation sweeping which is the only way to detect cheaters skybase (even if foundations are not linked and in decay state…) also if you dare to do a land claim (to forbide cheaters to use it) on one the few spot that allow to cheaters to deep undermesh and build udnermesh skybase you can also be ban, so well no problem all go well funcom, continue, and don’t fix those spot that allow to still undermesh, and don’t fix skybase and continue ban you legit players that try to play despite the level of cheating, and all that reported to you for nearly 2 years.

Just
Stop
Playing
This
Trash
Game
On
Officials

1 Like

Our clan got a ban for a large build, no warning everything deleted. Was on a very quiet server with a population of less than 10. Some very salty players reported us.

Uninstalled now wont waste anymore money on this garbage.

Offricial servers are a shared space, a quiet server is no excuse for treating it as ones personal sandbox, rules still apply, you can call those that reported you salty, but in the end it doesn’t matter if you broke the rules and perhaps ignored friendly warning from fellow players, I also wouldn’t hesitate reporting players that go to far with building, I do try and talk to them first, but quite often they don’t care, that is until they end up in a situation like you :slight_smile:

You may be doing yourself and others a favor, but I hope you in time will learn that the rules are there for a good reason :slight_smile:

i can tell funnier story…
Official PVP (low pop, 1-3 online max)
Our base (small but yes, it was blocking under mountain passage, which are not big deal, you can get other side just from above (or take left\right turn around mountain))
But issue is… no1 even know we have base there, so, we got reported not because the base, but for pillaging decaying base (on pvp server, report for pillaging CARL…)
I dont know what to say even lol…

No warning, it was large but not excessive or covering a huge area or blocking any content. Very puzzling. Probably a clan that got raided were very upset, also probably the same clan that has a larger base than we built. Not worth the time to invest anymore.

There is just no point in even building without knowing what the limit is. If funcom wants to be this way then a cap on building pieces needs to be added to clans. It doesnt take a genius to work this out as a fix but this is an odd greedy company that rewards real cheats.

So, you broke the rules, you know you broke the rules, you suffered the consequence of braking the rules, and blame the reporter and funcom.

Have to ask have you ever been punished for doing anything wrong in your life?

:100:

“But we got reported for a complete different reason”

Why do you all, that are well aware you broke the rules, always want to blame everyone but yourself?

Zendesk doesn’t do warnings. Which I feel is wrong. Everyone deserves a warning and explanation. I’d like to say no one learns anything with out an explanation, but I can see people here that would blame the reporter, zendesk, funcom and not learn a thing.

It also doesn’t take a genius to look at the examples and not build that way. But give me a bit of time and I will find copies of those example on the server I’m on.

How?

I know jack about Conan PVP. First time I tried it I got beat to death by players with stone weapons practically the second I spawned in. This is PVP on pretty much every game I’ve tried. So PVE. But there is still conflict or contests on PVE. People are built so close around noob river you have to run between them where they just can’t build closer. Same with the area around sinners, the sink hole, or take your pick of any popular POI.

There is also the competition to see whom can cover the most acreage. And for some builders just one 1/3 of a map square base isn’t enough.

And why do they get away with it on PVE servers? Because no one on PVE wants to be funcom HOA cop. It should be up to funcom to do a proper job of managing there servers. Not to depend on players to do their job.

You see how people carry on here about being punished for knowingly braking the rules, what happens to that person if people on their server finds out they reported a violation and the builder got a time out? They might as well pack it in and leave the server.

Now we have marched up and down this same road so many times now it’s a canal. And NOTHING has changed. Why? It would take effort on funcoms part.

I said it was a large build but it wasnt spamming for no reason nor did it cover a huge amount of grids it was within a reasonable area of temples in the jungle. What is the limit on building? Where is the line drawn? How does anyone know when one block is that one block too many. Its very vague

At the end of the day the big part of this game is building. If theres an issue with people wanting large bases…implement a building cap on pieces. Rather than leaving it as guesswork ghost town. Incompetent.

You lost me right there. I think the entire area needs to be a no build zone.
But you said it was vague so how would you know if it

Or

We’ve suggested limits then people argue that it wont help. I’m suggesting a warning. “Dude you’ve hit 10K foundations. Really”?
Or land claim cubes, like so many other games. Something because what is being done now isn’t working.

Would land claim cubes that have to be in direct contact with the ground, end sky bases :thinking:

I’ve read about exploiters on Siptah. I think one can make a village, here. The difference, here, being the exploiters built a 20+ story base.

If someone has a 21 story tower base, I would like to see it to figure out how they built it. (Somewhere on youtube they have been shone)

If its a game where you can build but the rules dont want too much building then impose a limit then everyone knows where they stand thats a no brainer. Not everyone will known everything inside out.

The guidelines are wishy washy at best.

This game has been a mess since day 1 so its time to move on the devs deleting years of work for random decisions is just amateur.

Anyways I hope you enjoy the game those of you left.

each base breaking the rules, because TOS are joke in the terms of land claim,
why this “vital” areas buildable? too much decoration how so? 10 torches? 100?

The difference is, some people are normal and paying the game to relax, not to mess with other people, but some people probably need to mess with others and seek any reason to be offended…
Why i am sure in this particular case not the base was the reason of reporting?
1st
Because to report it you must find it, and they are not, server was empty, and those who play, never leave their huge laggy bannable alfa clan bases which are blocking many stuff (actual stuff, not empty space like our base)…
And still, me and my friends never report any of them (because it is just ----ing game, relax jesus).
2nd
Base was fine 2 month of play, no1 was offended of it, because no1 use that pass anyway.
3ed
Wipe was shortly after our raid of decaying base, not before, but after it. And only 1 person on the server theoretically could be upset about our raid, guess who?

WE need more strict and clear TOS, PERIOD. If we arent allowed to build in some places, make it RED. Simple as rock.
I am totally against blocking content (actual one), or foundations (web) spawn. Against abusive land claim, but jesus, when you find good spot, its already abusive for those, who want it.