Base Lost Stability Around Me at Random

My base, a large pyramid on server 1053, lost stability suddenly around me and crumbled completely away. It was timer locked to another nearby base as well as to what we on our server call “Grand Central Teleport” (GCT) -a teleport nexus for everyone on our server. I run the departures board for everyone there as well, so that crumbled also, leaving people without knowing where to travel to at GCT.

Anyway, my base though very large did not affect server performance by producing lag and was specifically engineered to reduce lag, with minimal foundations and lighting, and with spacious rooms to reduce density. Furthermore, no lag report or warning was given prior to this spontaneously happening.

I am not sure if this was a bug or got devwiped. However it did not produce lag and therefore shouldn’t have been if it was. Moreover the base was loved by everyone on the server, as they will attest to in the comments. It was always open and I frequently got visitors who viewed it as something of a tourist attraction. I often had them test it for lag as well and everyone said it didn’t produce lag.

It was located in the desert west of Muriela’s Hope at D/E - 7/8.
Is there anyway to undo this?

3 Likes

Yes, I agree with her. It was a beautiful pyramid and we loved it very much. There was no lag problem for me. It saddened me to suddenly be faced with such a problem. I hope you will return our pyramid which is the symbol of server 1053.

4 Likes

gss gone guess everybody now needs to make their own pads everywhere… thats sure to reduse lag. the pyramid was a greatlandmark and didnt cause any notisable lag.

3 Likes

When you told me your pyramids were gone I was in shock. I loved the effort you put into these constructions and its decoration. The quest you had written for visitors to play, the huge story around it all that you invented, -it kept me entertained for hours until I finally solved it. I loved the detail you put into all your little quest-hints to finally solve the big mystery of your story. I really dont get why these bases were wiped -they did not block anything, they did not cause lag. Instead they were a great upgrade to the servers community-life -giving players an alternative moment of time playing the game and enjoying it. -But having heard of other friends bases being wiped too, -I start to question if the Mods are really doing their jobs correctly. -Somehow the feeling arises that the people in charge of it are not really checking the matter before acting. This opens the door for griefers that just wanna see your stuff go. I personally experienced this with a friend on another server once. -I find it quite odd that Funcom doesnt check these matters more thoroughly because in the end they lose the players that promote the game and keep people playing by adding to the community and helping newcomers. -Just for the 3 minutes of fun the griefer gets out of it. -I doubt that this is a promising business-model.

So if any of the people who can do something about it reads this: please forward it to the hands that can solve this problem for the future. Thanks so much.

-D.

3 Likes

Hello Funcom! Please return our pyramid. This pyramid was the heart of our server.

4 Likes

WTF? Seriously… this sucks. Ava and I loved the puzzles and we even brought people into the game for the sole purpose to visit your pyramid and the awsome puzzles you made. Absolutely no lag was ever reported by anyone visiting.

This is worthy of a rollback, since otherwise 1053 is a plain old boring server with no content.

If a dev did this then a big thumbs down to "Fun"com

Prelly

4 Likes

Really sad and shocked to see this. some of us have been on the server for a couple of years and know how much effort Jessica put it, and we all liked going to visit her latest creations.

She also came up with and ran some brilliant ideas for the server, including Grand Central, a teleport hub that a dozen or more players joined, giving it a community feel.

It wont be the same with her buildings gone, perhaps a server roll back is needed, to restore the lost Pyramids?

2 Likes

If it was dev wiped I would be more concerned with a account suspension that normally follows within 24 hours.

I am saddened to hear of yet another Funcom debacle, without any reasoning behind it. The bases destroyed by admin, belonging to Jessica, were in no way, shape or form, blocking other players or resources. Jessica has been a positive part of server 1053 for quite a while, helping other players, teaching them techniques and also adding to the FUN to the game by creating bases and side quests for players to participate in. In destroying her base and all her work, FUNCOM has taken yet even more FUN out of the game for absolutely no reason. Please correct this situation FUNCOM for the good of all who play on your servers.

3 Likes

they wont tell you why, they just act unilaterally…funcom M.O.

I would agree if a rollback could be done -but it hopefully would be done very soon so the impact on the others is minimal.

2 Likes

The pyramid needs to come back, a server rollback is more than deserved for it. A lot of time and effort went into it, and I watched it grow, and get more and more details and story behind it. Everybody on the server loves it.

3 Likes

Thing is, its an official server and Funcom don´t want it nice and cozy. They want people to build small shacks. Best no decorations and lights outside. No pathways, no brigdes, no walls. No spread out buildings aka little villages, if teleporters then bland ones with minimal footprint. Serverperformance is key so they can keep adding those Ages of bla bla bla.

Official server are not made for long term homes and community play, as sad and bad this may sound. Their tos is making this clear. Read it and you will understand it. Its more a you can play but without doing … and then comes the big list of never ending no goes.

If you are a couple of people on this server you might want to start your own community driven privat server. There you can make your own rules, your own story. Its the best advise I can give you. Because they will not do a rollback on that server. Best thing that might happen is that he/she doesn´t get a ban. But I am still sceptical about that.

Good luck to you!

4 Likes

Oops replied to the wrong person at first, anyway:

Except it isn’t “a couple of people on this server” that want this. It’s pretty much the whole server. If all of the people who are upset with this decision were to leave the server well there would be no one left on the server and they would end up merging the server.

Furthermore this is not the only such large structure on that server. To be consistent Funcom would wipe out a significant portion of it consumer base on that server.

1 Like

Apparently I did not fill out the bug report properly before so I am copying and pasting this here, as well as including the previous thread so that you can see the MASSIVE support from the other members of my server regarding this (many of them are insisting you do a rollback of server 1053 to fix the problem). Others refuse to buy anything else out of the bazaar as a result.

Original thread: Base Lost Stability Around Me at Random - PC Discussion / PC Bug Reports - Funcom Forums

My base, a large pyramid on server 1053, lost stability suddenly around me and crumbled completely away. It was timer locked to another nearby base as well as to what we on our server call “Grand Central Teleport” (GCT) -a teleport nexus for everyone on our server. I run the departures board for everyone there as well, so that crumbled also, leaving people without knowing where to travel to at GCT.

Anyway, my base though very large did not affect server performance by producing lag and was specifically engineered to reduce lag, with minimal foundations and lighting, and with spacious rooms to reduce density. Furthermore, no lag report or warning was given prior to this spontaneously happening.

I am not sure if this was a bug or got devwiped. However it did not produce lag and therefore shouldn’t have been if it was. Moreover the base was loved by everyone on the server, as they will attest to in the comments. It was always open and I frequently got visitors who viewed it as something of a tourist attraction. I often had them test it for lag as well and everyone said it didn’t produce lag.

It was located in the desert west of Muriela’s Hope at D/E - 7/8.
Is there anyway to undo this?

If it was a dev wipe it will follow a suspension after next server restart so then you know for sure.

I see.

Is there any way for them to see the massive support from the people of my own server to put the pyramid back?

Im afraid theres no way to get your building or your stuff back, cant give you any hope on that :frowning:

Not if the whole server complains at once? (which they are)