Battlepass Dead? Game Is Dead

Why I’m scared? Where is the monetization strategy? The BP, whether you liked it or not was good strategy even if the work didn’t equate the cost and here is why. You got your crom coins back so it’s free, right? Well only if you don’t spend anything on the shinies in the bazaar. So the strategy is for you to buy something… anything really and you would have to get a new set of crom coins. It was foolish not to get the HP so most ponied up the money to get crom coins and then the battle of willpower begins until next chapter.

What is encouraging me to spend cash on crom coins now? Way overpriced goods on the bazaar that they can’t drop the price anymore since this is the only vehicle to get people to spend money. No I am having a hard time finding the strategy to get us to spend money and they want to slow down new content to fix older bugs and the new content they put out is relatively easy with one thing actually not new at all but an old promise. This is why I’m leaning towards team maintenance. If the change isn’t trying to capitalize on the game in terms of revenue, then what are we to think? Sure we can all say big fixes are great but is it going to get people to spend money? I would say no and therefore this change is not going to go over well with the accountants and help push it towards shelving.

4 Likes

Guess we’ll their new strategy in 3 or so months.
Imo, they’ll rework Bazaar into the usual MMO-ish store with bundles and solo items always available for purchase.
Store will be their only way to get money from players and the current version locks 97% of the content, content someone may buy while they play CE before dropping it for several months till the next update.

2 Likes

Dune is soon. Bets it starts with passes and a store?

The biggest issue with the event/pass/store system was trying to intro it in to a well established game. Like trying to run digital auxiliaries on an analog system.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.