Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Official
Server Type: PvP
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: Public Test Server
Mods: None

Bug Description:

Liu Fei’s Companion Quest will not progress beyond second part.

Bug Reproduction:

1. Visit Liu Fei and speak to him, he requests 3 vials of sacrificial blood
  2. Bring him 3 vials of sacrificial blood
  3. Wait the 8 hrs for him to rest and visit him again
  4. He requests that you bring brimstone, an ancient rhino horn, heart of a hero and eyes of innocence then leave him, acquire the items in inventory
  5. Visit Liu Fei’s quest location and speak to him, he asks if you have all of the ingredients (you do) but the only option he gives is “goodbye”, leave him, come back and same
  6. Notice that he is in the vicinity of your base - a noise that sounds exactly like a rocknose popping out of ground is heard - speak to him and the only option he gives is “goodbye”
  7. Try logging out and in, allow server to reset or going out of render distance and back and good luck finding him, he moves if you take your eyes off of him and move away however, no difference, dialogue is only “goodbye”

https://youtu.be/p4M4Tlbu5AY?si=w5HyTXezfMm4ALVn

So a few things, I ensured that I followed the dialogue to the end as it has been warned that not doing so could break it. Additionally, I have Freya’s quest going at the same time.

Tried again :frowning:

I finished the second part of Freya’s quest so she now has her flowers and is sitting at her hovel. I also lost my heart of a hero which I already had before I started the quest so farmed 4 of them. Brought all the ingredients back to his location as he wouldn’t show up at my base.

Tried again with another server reset and 16hr elapse, I give up, I guess he is just a perpetually moving see through purple man at my base that blocks egress and prevents me from building at his whim. He also doesn’t talk in the disembodied voice while in vicinity, instead the sound file for a rocknose is being used.

Now that I have completed Freya’s quest I get the dialogue to progress to the next part.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.