Budabot 4 Release

Full release notes here: http://budabot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1413

Changes (since 3.5_GA):
-now includes DEV_MODULE which includes !cache, !cmdhandlers, !createblob, !demo, !htmldecode, !makeitem, !mdb, !msginfo, !silence, !unsilence, !timezone, and several commands for testing different things on the bot (!help DEV_MODULE to see the complete list)
-all references to gmp module have been removed, and bcmath module is now required
-updated items db to 18.08.26
-!sendtell is now included in releases, to allow for scripts to configure the bots for spam relay (ie. Lightnet)
-removed guild_admin_access_level and guild_admin_rank settings along with the corresponding functionality
-removed spam_protection
-alts_inherit_admin functionality is now always on, and removed the setting
-added chat_commands, rollable_items, special_attacks, deflect, chatfilter, spamfilter to !guides (thanks longsdale)
-removed IRC_MODULE
-fix for !aou (and !title) not working
-!notes now show all notes for all alts, and which alt they belong to
-added several default aliases that were in wide use: !i for !items, !w for !whois, and !o for !online
-removed !banorg and !unbanorg
-removed !sm
-!multiloot is now !loot addmulti
-added !poh to show loot from Pyramid of Home for the RAID_MODULE (thanks Illork)
-several items for !recipe have been added (thanks Illork)
-!items now always uses the local items database, !citems has been removed
-to add loot, now use !loot add instead of !loot
-!trickle can now take a skill as a parameter and tell how much of each ability is needed to trickle that skill one whole point
-!whatbuffs has been improved by upgrading BudabotItemsExtractor to be able to pull out the relevant info (thanks Daniel Grim) and !whatbuffs1 and !whatbuffs2 have been removed
-!online now has a new format
-improved support for AOChatProxy 2.x versions
-!whois now shows head_id, pvp_rating (legacy), and pvp_title (legacy) in ‘More Info’ link
-other various fixes and improvements to !perks, !loot, pagination, !dyna, !whereis, !recentseen, !inactivemem, !leprocs, !recipe, !dimach, !weapon, !lag, !items, and !nanoloc (thanks to everyone who reported bugs and/or submitted fixes)
-!mafist and !trickle values updated (thanks Daniel Grim and Lucier)
-API docs are now included in /docs/api
-removed extjoinpriv, extleavepriv, extkickpriv, sendguild, and sendpriv event types
-timer events have a new format: timer(time)
-added packet(id) event type and removed allpackets event type

4 Likes

Awesome job Tyrence.

I’ll be swapping over this week sometime.

1 Like

Had to go back to 3.5 GA because the console stopped responding like one of the RC builds of 3.5.

@Kista Yeah that is a known problem with PHP after version 5.4. Running PHP as a CLI application is not the normal use case for PHP, so most other people using PHP will probably never see that issue and TBH, I don’t even know if the PHP team knows about it. If i had more time I would submit a ticket, but I have not been able to reproduce it consistently other than just waiting until it happens. There was a suggestion on the Budabot forums to run it using a terminal emulator (e.g., http://cmder.net/) as a workaround for the issue, but I have not tested that.

PHP 5.4 was released in 2012 and it reached end-of-life in 2015, which is the reason I chose to upgrade to PHP 7.