[BUG] After 2.7 Abysmal Remnant dont use spit attack

Game mode: Online official | Online private | Single-player | Co-op - All of them
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Abysmal Remnant boss dont use its spitting attack, it plays animation of it but no projectile fired at player. Also its breath attack dont have breath particles and does no damage!

Installed Mods:

No mods

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Step 1 - go to the Dregs dungeon to its end and start fight [
    Abysmal Remnant boss
  2. Step 2 - boss uses 3 attacks - spit at player acid (its bugged after 2.7 update), spit acid nearby (dont do any damage) and charge jumping from acid pool to player (it works fine)
  3. Step 3 - end

Video below shows what directly boss does not do:
in single player mode @dana and @AndyB please see this!

and on custom server with no mods installed

4 Likes

Also confirmed on my system (in singleplayer, no mods) - Remnant performs spitting action but spit is not emitted and no damage is taken. It did manage to use the closer/wider range spit attack a couple of times (and I did take damage), but it also seemed like it failed on it a couple of times as well (though I may have mistaken a missed bite attack for a failed close/wide spit). Lunge/launch attack seemed fine.

I just posted about spiders having the same issue with their projectile attacks: Spider Projectiles Broken

I imagine this is linked.

1 Like

Yes, perhaps they use same attack

Hello, thank you for your detailed report. We’ve sent all the information to our team.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out again if you encounter any other issues.

1 Like

Same problem, first i had it in Dregs and later there it was the same with this Fishmanboss in the north-east corner of the jungle biome but not sure if that one is added by a mod. I think it’s the same on Siptah map with the Fishmen though.
Animation plays but no projectile.
Just watched the video, in Dregs he didn’t do both spit attacks for me, here it does at least the bigger one.

1 Like

it does but no damage

No spit attack for me either and it was quite easy to kill.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.