Game Mode: Online Official
Server Type: PvP (or ANY)
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: NONE
Mods: NONE

Bug Description:

Building Here Would Block Your Spawnpoint

Bug Reproduction:

Since the latest update went live, I can no longer build within large portions of my base, due to increased difficulty with this topic.

I am unable to place structures two floors above my bedroll, whereas before, I was only restricted from placing structures on the same level for about 1 foundation width directly next to the bed or bedroll.

To reproduce, try building a cube base about 4x4 foundations wide, 4 stories high. Place the bed in the middle of the 2nd floor, approximately in the center of the structure. Then place new workbenches of various types elsewhere, both inside and on the roof.

I’ve built smaller and I’ve built larger, but never have I had so much difficulty. First I thought it was just the new Treasure Horde pieces, but I also can not place simple workbenches.

The only workaround is to pick up all beds and bedrolls, then continue building.

Thinking about this issue and this Bug Report, I decided to try and reproduce it in Single Player (PVP settings) - Exiled Lands.
I attempted to make a new construction as described above out of sandstone, yet I was not able to quickly and reliably reproduce this bug in that environment.

The situation was originally encountered at 2 different locations on Official Server PVP settings, Exiled Lands. As I mentioned earlier, I received the message about the Building… Blocking a Spawnpoint when attempting to first place a Treasure Coffer on top of my flat topped building. Looking back at that message, I don’t even think I had a bedroll or bed placed at that structure.

I ended up placing the Treasure Coffer away from the building and then tried to pick it up, but was disappointed when it only returned a fraction of the resources used.

At another location, the structure I was attempting to temporarily place down was a basic tannery. This was what I described getting the message about, even though it was 2 floors above my long ago placed Turanian Bedroll.

I believe that this issue is actually more about the updates to the Informative Feedback and Messaging about Building System problems, announced in the latest Release Notes. While not every situation generates the Spawnpoint error, I’m experiencing issues that might be more pronounced than before. In this testing building that I have created, I can not place and Standing Torches, though there is plenty of room and there are already standing torches placed inside this room. If I remove the ceiling above the location I can place Standing Torches, and then replace the ceiling, but unable to place them with the ceiling in place (much as you can’t place a ceiling over a placed forge, but you can place a forge under a 1 story ceiling).

Revisiting the server where the issue first was encountered, after the daily server reset, the issue still presents itself. I have a wide open area, two levels above the spawn point, yet I am blocked with this message, and unable to place either a tannery down or an artisan table (2 of 2) unless I move about 2 full foundations to the side of the area where the spawn point is. That has not presented itself in earlier versions.

Greetings @bedwin ,

Thank you for sharing this with us!

We’ve forward this information to the development team so they can investigate.

Keep conquering the lands! :slight_smile:

Greetings @bedwin ,

Can you, please, let us know one of the server numbers where you’re finding this issue as well as the character name you’re using on that server?

If you prefer you can send us a private message with those details.

Replied by direct message

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.