Building in circles with inverted sloping walls

Game mode: all, both testlive and live
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE but I assume all
Region: EU

No mods were harmed during this testing

It may have been said earlier as I’m pretty sure this is not a new bug but anyway I didn’t find anything about it lately so here we go.

Some images are better than a long story. So let’s assume a circle made by alterning a square and a triangle foundation. What I want to achieve is to place one inverted sloping wall on each side of a standard wall.

Let’s try first with the standard wall on a triangle foundation :

The first inverted sloping wall attaches correctly on the left side of the wall

But no matter how hard I try, the second refuse to follow the foundation underneath it… except when it turns to the left.

This appears with both the left and right versions of the sloping wall.

Now with the standard wall beginning on a triangle foundation it is even worse :

Neither the left side or the right side wants to attach properly.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Make a round with foundations
  2. Place a wall to have a base
  3. Mess with inverted sloping walls trying to follow the curve of the foundations
  4. Cry a bit and forget about your base’s last plans
1 Like

I feel your pain deeply, as I struggle with this myself constantly.

Every time I try to wall a circular staircase.

If you’re extremely lucky, there IS actually a chance of getting the block to place the right way. It’s damn near impossible though. You have to be in the one exact spot while facing the right direction for it to work.

Wedges were a fun idea but I’ve given up on using them. They break just about everything I try creating.

Edit: plus they caused some glitches that I think created PvP problems and devs crippled them a bit.

1 Like

Hey @Thal

We’ve sent your woes to our team to see if there’s something they can do about those mean sloping walls.
Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.