Cant use shortcuts 1-8

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Misc
Server type:PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

hello,
sry if i use bad format on this iam new to this game, and forum

i use non english keyboard, wich probably cause i cant use shortcuts, equiping with numbers 1-8 is imposible
iam currently use czech keyboard, wich have instead of numbers 12345678 / +ěščřžýá, i tried overvrite default settings but options cant handle this latters xD

btw, still nice game u make

I dont know enouth about the czech keyboard layout, but maybe you can change the Key bindings directly in the DefaultInput.ini

…Steam/steamapps/common/Conan Exiles/ConanSandbox/Config/DefaultInput.ini

Just open it with the Notepad or similar and search for:

Try to change the marked entrys to the keys you need. Just worth a try.

sadly this doesnt help. Because it resets back automatically. And also I have to idea how to call the symbols like +ěščřžýá in english coding. Because in config file as SirBowen sent is written “One” not just what key writes, which is “1”. I dont know exactly, but shouldn’t have the same issue other languages like French and German?
Edit: Ok, so you need to change file Input.ini located at …Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini
but, when I changed it to czech symbols +ěščřžýá it just showed in game “+” and other were “?”. And none worked, not even “+”. And ingame Keybindings tab shows empty boxes. It is strange, because in ingame chat, the czech symbols (+ěščřžýá) work properly O.o

there some softwares allowing change keyboard-keys.

I would do a google search and try found one allowing change for your language and specific keyboard.

Ok, i changed in Windows keyboard layout to us-english Wich seems it works, i need change that each time i turn pc and want to play conan but still, ať least it works

Its terible have Czech keyboard, many games still dont support some Czech latters. I know its not most frequent Bug, or Bug Wich let game fall, but can u let that line 12345678 act as it whatever alphabet we use

Btw thanks all for replies, sadly it looks like best way to remove this problem is to change layout at windows

1 Like

it’s terrible that we have so many keyboards around the world, you’re not the only looking for solution. Many countries have some special keyboards related to language and such, but i agree, could be much easier. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.