Changes I would like to see in CE

I only play on the PVP servers so this only applies as such.

I would like for the thralls to function as they currently do during “raid hours” 24/7.

I would like to see an officially anointed team of players ( not admins) who are given limited admin rites and are allowed to go server to server and go under the mesh and root out the cheaters without getting banned. And I don’t mean for them to go raid these players rather for them to go expose them and produce proof so the cheaters can be banned.

Fix the thralls? Seems like the Cimmerian Berserkers got nerfed and the named Nordheimers got stronger (could just be my imagination). I’ve heard tales of Lians topping out with over 7k hp post-nerf which surpasses the Cimmerian Berserkers who start with substantially more points in Vit and less in Str. And both are equally guaranteed farmable.

1 Like

How do you make sure that those players cannot play on those servers where they have admin rights? And if you mean to let them play, that’s an unfair advantage over anyone else on the server. They can scout any base at any time.

1 Like

I’m just suggesting maybe an impartial group of players who are not morally incompetent who actually care about fair gameplay who would like to take on such a task. Maybe they don’t even need the admin rites I’m just assuming it would make the task easier and less time consuming so that they could get back to playing the game faster. That’s all

1 Like

Its a pretty tall order for volunteers considering how hostile people get.

1 Like

Agreed. But when players start running amok exploiting and cheating it’s usually a game-killer. Admins are obviously can’t keep up with it and the rules still apply to the player who would have to go undermesh to get the proof, e.g. they would be banned too for obviously being under the mesh. A temporary task force sanctioned by the admins could be the solution

And NO, I am not volunteering for this nor would I be the right person. I know next to nothing about getting into the mesh or even where all the soft spots are.

but that’s kinda the trick. To have it be meaningful, someone would really have to dedicate a lot of time to it across all the servers, and time actually going in and deleting stuff, filing the necessary report to Funcom of what was done, why and so on would be a job in and of itself. That’s why it takes so long for stuff to happen when its reported to Funcom. Its a lot of work that while I agree, it would be nice if it could be done, has a low probability of success. It’s also probably not something Funcom wants to ask of people given they know the amount of work that it would entail. People would be volunteering to have no time to actually play the game, just chase bad actors and deal with the grief that comes with it.

3 Likes

If Funcom decides to give special privileges to some players, sooner or later there will be an incident with the abuse of power and that will turn into a PR disaster for them.

Anyone who thinks that it’s easy to select “an impartial group of players who are not morally incompetent” is simply too optimistic. Everywhere you turn, you can see that humans are really bad at doing that. On the forums, you have people deliberately abusing their flagging privileges. In the real world, you have tons of examples of corruption on every level. I don’t think Conan Exiles is a magical unicorn utopia where things like that could never happen.

3 Likes

Yes I understand that and fully agree with you But someone just needs to be able to get the proof without being banned themselves and then it’s easy enough to blanket ban the clan roster from that server for 2 weeks and let it all decay. I would think that would be easier than manually deleting it all but of course that wouldn’t prevent alt accounts from resetting the timer either so… just trying to help figure out a solution for an escalating problem

It’s a great game and I understand that it’s hard to make and enforce written rules pertaining to exploits
That being said maybe the next best option actually is just to not make it against the rules and stop enforcing the current rule but if they’re going to do that then they need to put an official tutorial in these forums that show everyone how to do it themselves

EDIT: Let’s all make sure not to take this reply as a reason to jump on the “Funcom sucks” bandwagon. My intention was to offer an analysis of what the situation is and what I think is the only way to solve the underlying problems. A good guideline would be “if you don’t have anything constructive to reply, then wait for the inspiration to strike” :wink:

Honestly, the best solution would be to hire and/or assign more people to enforcing the rules. And also provide a ticket system for reporting incidents and tracking reports. And be more transparent about the whole process. And ban anyone who uses family sharing to circumvent a ban.

Right now, nobody has a clue what is sanctioned and what isn’t, what is prioritized, or how long it takes to process a report. The outcomes of reports are not public, so the rules don’t even serve as a deterrent. On top of that, cheaters who get banned will use their alts to keep their bases refreshed during the ban, so the punishment really isn’t.

All in all, they overpromised and underdelivered, and that’s what needs fixing.

Ok I’m trying to help figure out a solution to a problem, not start another Funcom bashing thread.

And how come you’re all focused on the undermeshing portion? Hiding under the mesh won’t get them into my base however some long gone player deciding to return, potentially spawning in my base during non raid hours…the thought really keeps me up at night. But if my guards agro’d full-time I would sleep a lot easier.

And what about how nerfed the Berserkers are? Literally my favorite thralls.

Good luck with that. And I’m not being sarcastic either. Just use the forum tools if they get too out of hand.

1 Like

Honestly, if we’re going to take an objective description of the current status quo and call it “Funcom bashing”, then I don’t know how we can keep discussing this problem.

There are reasons why your solution won’t work. I pointed out some, Darth Physicist pointed out some others. If you want, I can delete all my other messages to avoid constructive criticism of Funcom and we can ignore the elephant in the room as we keep going back and forth about your idea. :man_shrugging:

No no I’m not saying that at all, just rather looking for input and feedback without dropping names into the reply or reiterating things which have already been hashed out in other threads, that’s all. Sincere as you may have been others will read it and feel the need to turn it up a notch. Your feedback is really much appreciated by myself anyways because I feel some higher up might actually be reading this and consider what we’re saying and just maybe their solutions could possibly be even more creative than our own

2 Likes

That’s a good point, thanks. I edited my reply to try to make my intentions clearer.

1 Like

How about “pay to play”? If it’s not some ridiculous monthly fee. Money for manpower is obviously part of the problem. Not sure how that would work with Microsoft also being a hand in the pot. I would pay to play this game (if it wasn’t some ridiculous monthly fee) provided issues like bugs and cheating were actually addressed. Money to use better servers and buy out their contract with Graphine( HAHAHA)

Note: when I say “ridiculous” I’m referring to what such an amount$ might be, not to the fact that it would be a monthly fee :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Just for clarification, when you say this, do you mean for Xbox?

1 Like

Sounds impossible. Someone will always take advantage of that system for their own gain and abuse it. That always will happen, and people will be even more upset by it.

2 Likes

Yes I do.

And that’s honestly a problem with these forums. They really should have separate forums for the different platforms.

I’ll throw my two cents in to what I want seen changed to the game.

Overall difficulty increased. Or if I were to clarify, difficulty become more of a complex thing. Right now we can adjust NPC damage. That doesn’t do much though. It makes things tedious, but not engaging, not actually challenging.

So here’s a list of good encounters in the game:

Witch Queen - This one is an interesting fight. Its not a challenge because of what level it was designed for. But it is interesting. If we wanted to improve this for level 60s (current I think its level 25-30 content?). What I would change here is make the beam emitters closer together (maybe make it a 3x3 grid instead of 2x2 right now), and fire off more often. But if its not for level 60, then leave it alone, and use that level of complexity as a baseline.

Thag (Pre-nerf) - This one is pretty basic, telegraphs to avoid on the floor (these are good, timing is tight enough to be a challenge, but not so much that you need pixel-perfect movement and get screwed by network conditions) to avoid. Adds that come out in waves based on health, pretty basic boss style stuff. I’d like to see this unnerfed, and then it would be pretty good. You have two ways to take on this boss, deal with the adds, or ignore them. There was a bug that made the add invulnerable, so we don’t need to take that into account here. The idea is anytime you can make a choice in how to deal with an encounter is a great thing.

Sandbeasts and Corrupted Wolves. These are some nasty creatures I wouldn’t mind seeing more of. Not so much out in the world, but in dungeons. Using their base stats, they do hit hard, but they don’t hit often. You have to time your attacks to avoid getting hit yourself. And unlike giant snakes, you can get a few hits in before having to block or dodge.

So using all those good encounters, helps build new ones. The idea is just tearing down the player for a single mistake isn’t a challenge, but tedium. We want a challenge. Obviously if you make too many mistakes in a row, you should be punished for that. Debuffs such as bleeds, poisons, and cripple help with that.

Could even introduce something like a sunder, but lasts longer and has more of an effect. This means this attack that may not do so much damage itself, or maybe it does. Needs to be avoided, and getting it stacked too many times means incidental damage becomes more and more deadly. This way one mistake isn’t the end of the fight. But 3-4 in a row… well don’t do that.

But things like this would apply to either existing dungeons and areas of the map, or new ones. Like for example, I wouldn’t mind seeing some changes to existing dungeons and bosses in reference to the keystone. Witch Queen, Degenerate, Kinscourge, King Below, and the Arena Bone Dragon. These encounters are pretty simple for the most part (or in the Witch Queen’s case, easy for a 60). I’d like to see them rescaled in complexity to match their level 60 nature (wouldn’t mind seeing unique rewards from them too).

I’ve already spoke about how the Witch Queen can be elevated.

The Degenerate seems like a good candidate for telegraphs. So in each wave of adds, he would also spawn a unique pattern along the floor that blows up after he’s done casting similar to Thag. Instead blue it would be that purple/pink color of the shades. Getting hit would do moderate damage, but also a knockdown.

Kinscourge needs to be able to walk a bit faster and heavily mitigate cripples. Otherwise his attacks are rather interesting. Maybe give him a ranged blood bolt type attack for those particularly far away.

King Below would need something entirely new added to it. Its a basic mob supped up pretty much. Maybe some unique combos are in need here.

The Arena Bone Dragon needs the same work all dragons do. They’re not bad, but there’s issues with them. They either seem ridiculously easy to avoid their attacks. Or occasionally you take a firebreath to the face that wrecks you randomly. Their attacks, hitboxes, and telegraphs need to be cleaned up a bit. Their attack sequences seem to be pretty good otherwise. Dragons in general should in general mitigate the effects of cripples (with the exception of the hatchlings). Pretty much any big creature to be honest, unless there’s a mechanic that makes them weak to it because they overextended.

Which leads to newer encounters in the future. The idea that certain debuffs don’t really work. Until they can and when they do, they have double the effect. Maybe like some armored creature that can’t be bled. Unless it exposes itself after an attack and then bleeds have double the effect. Same thing with sunders or cripples depending on the encounter. Something the player can actively search for, and try to exploit.

To put it shortly, something a bit more than right clicking everything to death. Encounters we have to think through and watch for openings. Not this light attack block light attack block, cheese that we have to do on some things (like giant snakes and the like).

Mixing and matching creature types is also good. This is kinda done with trash mobs with melee, shields, and archers. But do that with a boss encounter, where there is unique attacks and the like, and you’ve got something interesting.

And I wouldn’t be opposed to group content. If needed, make a setting tied to these creatures that turns off certain abilities or reduces their stats so a single player can take them on (so solo players playing single player have this enabled by default), but servers (maybe even officials) can have content that requires a little bit of player coordination.

I’ve personally made custom dungeons with group content in mind, and let me tell you. When you’ve got a shield user, an archer, and a melee hitter, and a healer (mod allows allows for magic). Its a ton of fun. You’d be surprised how much potential Conan Exiles has as a Coop experience. Its there. Its fun. Just waiting to be tapped.

3 Likes

Gotchee, and I think we’re on the same page there. Unfortunately I suggested that Consoles have their own section for their respective platform, and I got called an elitist for doing so. Its not a bad suggestion, we damn near play an entirely different game.

For example, a PC user wouldn’t think twice of pulling a group of thralls, and keeping 3-5 of them crippled indefinitely till they die. I tried that with a controller. That does not work. I’m sure some of your better archer players can do better. But, its nowhere near the same. And there’s various other differences just based on Controller vs Mouse/KB. Acknowledging there is a difference is not a bad thing.

1 Like