Changes I would like to see in CE

I’d love it if they added some “premium servers” that you have to pay for and that have active admins. Or, at least, I would’ve loved it before I started playing on a private server that offers me the same, but with cool mods and for an optional donation :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@WhiteRabbit: About your idea of community moderators: Here is a link to an older discussion of this topic, just in case you´re interested

What if I told you both there is another third solution? One where there is no need for Funcom to hire more employees to locate exploiters. One where there is no need to give special admin rights to a designated player to locate exploiters.

A solution where the player base themselves will be able to locate all the under meshers and people building outside the green wall… Would you believe it?

Maybe. Tell me what the actual solution is, and I might believe it.

Unless it’s a repeat of what has already been brought up in this thread, such as:

• Giving admin rights to players: won’t work, because it confers unfair advantage, will eventually be abused, and it’s impossible to select players to trust.
  • Giving some players special dispensation to go under the mesh and beyond the cursewall: won’t work, because it’s impossible to select players to trust.
  • Giving all players permission to go under the mesh and beyond the cursewall to report infractions: won’t work, because it’s impossible to enforce this won’t be abused and because just being able to report other players won’t speed up the processing of reports or make the punishment work on the players who use alts to refresh.

I’m pretty sure you’re just gonna say to fix the game but obviously if it was that easy they might’ve already done so

Or maybe the sarcasm is just lost on me?

I personally wouldn’t mind that option in the PVE Official Server that I play on. Which has two bases blocking the Croc World Boss and legendary chest at the small pond near Sinner’s Refuge, and a base on top of Sinner’s Refuge blocking the thrall spawns inside it.

I don’t doubt that I would have at least one named armorer if the npc’s were spawning in there. I had reported both spawn blocks, and have been waiting for both clans to remove the bases and thralls willingly, or have those bases and thralls removed by Funcom.

Here’s a situation I never quite understood:

Official PvP server 2578. A clan had built a fairly sold wall completely around Shattered Springs. Some hero’s come along and wrecked that clan so that clan proceeded into the springs and just spammed T3 foundations everywhere blocking all the brim nodes. Hero clan reports them. Admin comes and bans the bad guys, dismantles the wall… but leaves all the spam blocking the brim nodes… which the decay timers were regularly refreshed by alt accounts I’m assuming

Would it not be simpler to just make the springs a no-build zone?

After all if they did that then it wouldn’t matter if someone built a wall around the no build zone because can be blown open, made climbable, have the gates blown of them etc etc. however trying to clear out a ****load of T3 foundations packed solid and submerged is an entirely different thing, especially when an alt can just come along and do it all over again

4 Likes

I think you could find trusted players; I just think its too big a task to ask them to undertake it. There are many people who would exercise it with caution and reasonably.

Yes, agreed

Which is why I think it should be voluntary and these players are only allowed to proceed under mesh to locate a suspected base, put a hammer up to it so the can see the owners clan tag, screenshot( or maybe clip as much of the event as possible for their own defense) and then withdraw. No attacking, no entry attempts, just get some kind of proof without being banned for being under the mesh themselves. Only problem I can see with my suggestion is that if it was a solo player who wasn’t clan tagged then there would not be a name to screenshot. Suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.