Character Still Glitches In New Game Cutscene

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [US]

So I was wondering if anyone is still experiencing this glitch that sees our character’s skin disappear for a second while drinking from Conan’s waterskin in the New Game cutscene.

I reported on this before and some of it has been patched but this one still remains and I even tried it on male characters in an online server. Basically any way you do it, a new game cutscene shows your character disappear while drinking (see pic below). Hoping this can get fixed soon.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Start a new game on either Singleplayer or Online
  2. Create a new character (male or female)
  3. Watch the intro cutscene as your character is cut down from the cross by Conan
  4. Experience weird glitch as your character disappears for a second (except for their hair) while drinking from Conan’s waterskin.
4 Likes

Me too. I remember this glitch. Its so funny

1 Like

its funny .d

1 Like

As many times I have started a new character have never seen that. It is kind of weird. I play on ps4.

1 Like

This is on PC as well.

1 Like

I wonder if yours got fixed with the updates but mine is still present? Maybe if I just delete my game data and reinstall and download the update the bug will go away.

1 Like

I don’t know I have what ever the last update was 4.1 I think . Like to take screen shots of character on the cross so I should of seen it happen . Will check with my wife she starts alot of new games

Invisibility on our characters sorcery has come yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

Ok in all seriousness I understand it can be annoying but it’s not damage or harmful to any game play as it’s just a cut scene so I guarantee that it will be fixed when there’s nothing else to fix (sarcasm) but in that manner it’s very low on the list I’m sure on fixed needing done but I skip it anyway so yeah not important :spider: to say

1 Like

Agreed let them fix the important things asked my wife said she has not seen this issue and she starts alot of offline games.

I beg to differ. It is pretty important when the first thing you see upon starting a new game is a glitch 100% of the time the opening cutscene is presented and is supposed to ease you into the experience. It wasn’t glitched like that the first few updates so it seems that a later update may have caused it.
I think it needs to be addressed fairly soon if they want first impressions of the game experience to matter. But that’s just my take on the issue.

1 Like

I can confirm that Xbox has this issue too.

2 Likes

Ok everyone I went into a coop game today to help someone with the tower of the elephant and sure enough my girl glitch Glitched with no face. I have seen it and b believe it good gaming to you all.

1 Like

Do you know how long ago Xbox started having this issue? Or at least when was the last time you started a new character and the cutscene was perfectly fine and had no glitch?

The last character I created was about 3-5 months ago; but I am pretty sure it lasted longer than that. I do believe that the devs fixed it at one point only to have it reappear in a subsequent update but I am not 100% sure it was this issue or for something else. Hopefully the devs will address it soon on all platforms.

It was for the invisible character when you edit the name and it will tell you what crime you committed the game zoom in and only paper there now I can see all of my hair to make sure it’s right and clean. Heeey baby(as Austin power says) :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah, I posted about the invisible character on the cross during the name edit part and that has been fixed. But the cutscene invisibility was also around then and still has not been fixed so I guess you could say half of my request has been fulfilled :wink:

1 Like

Well, seeing as how none of the admin have commented on this post, it looks like it really isn’t high on their priorities. That’s a shame because this glitch will really turn off new players trying to get into the game.

Agreed.

I haven’t yet, but I’ll keep an eye out for it

1 Like

Started on a new server last night my character definitely drank the potion of facial invisibility.