Connectivity issues after FLS update - Feedback thread

mam tosamo

1 Like

Having something really weird here since the last update.

Have this one computer that kills the internet for the entire house when it attempts to connect to a Conan server. Other computers in the house do not seem to have this issue, or if they do it is not as severe as this one.

Problem PC Specs
CPU: Intel i7-7700h
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
System is on Windows 10 build 2004

Looking up the server list is fine. Getting mod information for servers is fine. Nothing fails until you initiate the actual connection to the server. Any Server. Once you are at the point where it’s establishing a connection to the server, all of the internet dies on all of the devices in the house.

We have tried lowering pings/min in Steam, troubleshooting the network adapter, flushing/changing DNS, changing Windows network settings, completely wiping and re-installing the game. Hell we even upgraded from the Comcast Xfi router to a Nightkawk X10. No changes. And it is only this one PC, and only when it attempts to connect to a Conan Exiles server.

Other PC’s in the house that do not have an issue.

CPU: Intel i5-8400
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

CPU: AMD R9 3900X
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

If anyone has any ideas, that would be great. We’ve been hosting game servers here for years, and now she can’t play Conan online because doing so kicks everything off the internet, and it won’t resolve until I restart the modem.

1 Like

Does it only happen with Conan? To me it sounds as though your modem is killing your connection, which leads me to believe the modem is going bad or needs drivers updated

1 Like

Hi just downoded the game today and the game crashes when triying to connect or logit to funcom live services is there any way to fix it i have register on funcom website and it gos outoff the game back to the desktop i have no dlc or mode for this game

1 Like

Yeah, it only happens with Conan, and only when this one PC is establishing a connection to a server.

1 Like

Hello Biggy and welcome. Do you happen to be running an AMD motherboard? I ask because this has been an issue since the last update for many of us. Your issue sounds like the one I and many others have been having in the link below. We have been working with funcom and providing logs to hopefully get a fix for it. Maybe you can try some of the suggested solutions on there that though they did not work for me maybe you will be lucky.

1 Like

Welcome to the ‘you dont get to play’ gang. Get rid of your AMD board I guess?

1 Like

a yes i do have amd motherboard when i press ply on the game on steam it gose in then it show up connection or login to funcom live services then it jut crashes ang goes back to desktop

1 Like

have no ide why woult the amd motherboard hase to do whit all off this crashi but i donbt have the amd motherboard i have gigabyte motherboard got the game from piratebay and it workt fine only coult play sigleplayer not online and it neve crashed before but now that i have full game on steam it just crashes dont know why

1 Like

After today’s update, now the i5-8400 system is doing it. Except it’s doing it when updating mods before connecting to server.

Again, it is tanking the entire local network. I still haven’t figured out why Conan is DDoS’ing my network. It’s only Conan though. Nothing else causes any kind of an issue.

1 Like

Buckle in…

1 Like

Hey there,

Quick update: We’ve been in touch with BattlEye about one of the identified issues and they’ve provided a solution to some of the disconnection issues that are affecting the game, regarding Windows preview builds. We’re aiming to deploy it as soon as we possibly can once it passes testing.

For the AMD issues, we have a different thread where we’re gathering feedback to isolate the culprit.

2 Likes

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: any online server
Region: USA

1 Launch game
2 Press ‘Play Online’ button.
3 Get bogus ‘Lost online connection’ bug. Watch server list fill in beneath message dialog box.
4 Bug makes it impossible to play any online game.

Repeat over and over hoping it won’t happen. This bug is now 100% consistent. I can NO LONGER EVER get into an online game. I used to be able to sometimes reach the point where I could use the direct connection button to log into the official PvE server. No longer. So I’ll finally be loosing my base because of this game breaking bug.

Windows 8.1. AMD CPU, AMD GPU. 16GB memory. wired gigabit Ethernet connection.

2 Likes

After 4 months of waiting for this to be fixed, I’ve finally given up and asked for a refund from Steam. Sorry Funcom, I just cannot wait any longer.

2 Likes

Good evening, I thought the money could be returned only a couple of hours after the purchase of the game, if there is an opportunity to return the funds then I will certainly wait a little but most likely I will do exactly the same. I love this game very much, but the understanding comes that this can continue indefinitely.

You waited too long.

This is correct. You can only acquire a refund within the first 14 days if you have less than 2 hours of gameplay.

The talk about motherboards/chipsets got me thinking. The systems we’re having an issue with here are both Acer, and are merely a generation apart.
My AMD system still continues to have zero issues.

2 Likes

i same try refund cost of this buged game but i try start this game 4 hours and stema give only 2 hours to test and refund, funcom use steam to sold bugged product …

1 Like

This is incorrect, you have 14 days to refund the game as long as you have less than 2 hours of playtime. If you have never managed to start the game, you should not have any issues refunding.

1 Like

Just an update to our issue with Conan killing the network.

We discovered that using a VPN and blocking the applications access to the LAN has resolved the problem. Well not technically resolved it, but made it so that one person connecting to a Conan server doesn’t completely nuke our network.

1 Like

my game ork only on siggle player, ant singleplayer need internet, and on this game see my conection, but when i try find public serwers i have raport" u dont have conection" this is no my internet problem, this is game problem and manny players have this problem
i lok all in my maschine,firewall dont block conan,all games from steam work, only conan exiles have problem witch multiplayer option

1 Like