Countdown to new FC game

Not-so-coincidentally, Funcom is presenting their fourth quarter financial report for 2017 on February 27th at 20:00 CET, 17 hours before the countdown expires. It’s possible something about this game may be mentioned during their report before more is revealed on their countdown page.

3 Likes

The Zone thingie?

Plus the name of the Bartender (which could be short for Pripyat), and the overall esthetic of the scene.

Oh, they actually added 2 of the characters now. Yeah, def Mutant :smiley:

The name could also be from one of the (former) biggest breweries in Sweden; Pripps. (now owned by Carlsberg)

Really am surprised they got one done that quickly, even if it’s just the reveal.

Still TSW marketing started back in 07 so yeah :3 (i miss those ARGs…not some much the LONG waits between)

So as a Game Artist I will tell you what the preview means. Apparently someone forgot to bump up the lighting quality in the Unreal Engine. Low resolution shadows create preview text in the engine.

Since I can’t share any images, be sure to look at google to compare it.

2 Likes

I guess i’ve missed something, are they making a new game? Where is that picture from?

From www.countdown2zero.com

The website was revealed on the last Funcom developer stream on Twitch.tv/funcom

Awesome, thanks:) this looks pretty interesting, guess i’ll join the hype train \0/

A tactical strategy game. By Funcom ?

This could really kick ■■■!

I’m not really interested at this point, mostly because I have no interest in the source material that I’d never heard of before now and even less interest after reading about it. The setting is not really my thing.

Mutant was a really cool pnp rpg to play back in the days. I haven’t played this new version “Year Zero”, but it is based on the same setting as the original just much closer to the apocalypse (the original was far into the future). Year Zero as I understand it is basically very close to the apocalypse and follows the now mutant survivors of that event.

I am hyped at least since I grew up playing the original pnp rpg :smiley: (and I also love strategy games)

1 Like

Like I said, the setting is not my thing. If you like that kind of thing then I’m sure this game will be for you. However, it’s not for me. Though, I’m curious at how FC will do at a strategy game.

Yeah, sorry. Wasn’t really trying to sell it to you (maybe a little) :smiley:

It’s another studio making the game. “Bearded Ladies Consulting”. So it is not Funcom making a strategy game, they are publishing it.

Ah. Too bad. I was hoping FC would get back into producing more of the stand-alone games they promised. So far only three of them actually made it public. The Park, Hide & Shriek, and Conan: Exiles. How many projects did they say they were working on? 12? I know not all of them were ever meant to go public or be commercial products (H&S was never intended to be released, but it turned out better than anyone had expected.)

I’d love to see another Secret World stand alone. The Park was just so good as a story telling device. I’d like to see something that was more game than interactive narrative.

I would love to see that too. At least we know they have started to work on a new internal title for real now. They are hiring a lot of people for it.

OMG IT’S A TCG! Isn’t it? Gief post apocalyptic TCG. (No, not CCG, TCG!)

I’m guessing Selma’s text, “Stalkers don’t get happy endings. They get to be dinner for Zone wolves” is a red herring. As much as I would love for this to be connected to Stalker, I’m pretty sure this is going to be a Mutant game.

Funcom’s fourth quarter finanicial report for 2017 (PDF warning) has now been published. Here’s a quote of the relevant information on their upcoming game release:

Bearded Dragons cooperation:

• Development of the tactical turn-based strategy game has progressed according to project timelines and is scheduled to release in 2018
  • Publishing activities are ongoing with Quality Assurance, PR/Marketing, and Project Management resources being integrated with development team
  • Initial information about the game to be revealed tomorrow, 28 February, with more extensive details to be revealed later as part of the PR & Marketing plan
3 Likes