Day night cycle help please

Ok so if I want to make my days and nights longer would it be best just to half the cycle speed in general or edit the day and night itself. I want to double the time its night and day. So 30 minutes day and 20 minutes night. If I just half the cycle speed will the day, night and dusk scale automatically?

Ok so I set cycle speed, day, night, and dusk/dawn to .5 and it seems to be longer than 30 minute days. So I am not sure if I should only set one or move something else. Like I said just trying to double it from default. Like 30min day and 20min nights.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks i9n advance.;

Day Cycle Speed DayCycleSpeedScale This multiplies the entire 24hr day cycle speed. Individual parts of the day can be

tweaked in the settings below. Note, this multiplier is applied in addition to any settings changes below.

0.5 = 60 minutes
1.0 = 30 minutes (*Default)
1.5 = 15 minutes

YES (01.19.2018)

Day Time Speed DayTimeSpeedScale Daytime hours in Conan Exiles are between 7:00 and 16:59 in-game time. Changing

this multiplier will multiply the time spent between these hours of the day.

0.5 = 30 minutes
1.0 = 15 minutes (*Default)
1.5 = 7.5 minutes

YES (01.19.2018)

Night Time Speed NightTimeSpeedScale Nighttime hours in Conan Exiles are between 19:00 and 4:59 in-game time. Changing

this multiplier will multiply the time spent between these hours of the night.

0.5 = 20 minutes
1.0 = 10 minutes (*Default)
1.5 = 5 minutes

YES (01.19.2018)

Dawn/Dusk Time Speed DawnDuskSpeedScale Dawn in Conan Exiles is between 5:00 and 6:59. Dusk is between 17:00 and

18:59. Changing this multiplier will multiply the time spent in the period of both dawn and dusk.

0.5 = 5 minutes
1.0 = 2.5 minutes (*Default)
1.5 = 1.25 minutes

YES (01.19.2018)

Catch Up Time

2 Likes

Yea I have read these settings and saw how it is set up. But it does not really tell you how to actually make it work. Like whether you need to adjust all the settings or just some of them. Thank you for attempting to help though i appreciate that.

I mean if I drop the day cycle to .5, which makes it 60min, does it automatically adjust the other times to match the amount of time. Because it basically makes day, night , and dusk or dawn fill in the time period. Or do I need to drop the other times down as well. As I said I just want to basically double the default times of day, night, and dawn/dusk.

So I played with the settings a bit and figured I could help with some insight. My server is an rp server and I wanted day and night to be more or less equal (I may change settings for IC seasons, but equal was a good starting point). I set overall day speed to 0.2, daylight to 0.6, night to 0.4, and dawn/dusk to 0.2. This ends up with a balanced day/night. Overall total 24 hour day of 6.25 hrs real time. 62.5 min dawn, 125 min day, 62.5 min dusk, 125 min night. This setting gives players ample time to rp a day or night activity, and also is just offset enough from a 24 hour clock that the players who have the same time slot to play can experience different times of day. I could improve the offset, but that would make the days too long (forcing people to play “day” or “night” for entire game sessions) or too short.

Anyway, the basic maths are:
Vanilla is 30 min; 15 min of day, 10 min of night, and 2.5 min for dawn/dusk.
If you set your multipliers to a ratio of 0.3 day, 0.2 night, and 0.1 dawn/dusk, you will balance it to equal day/night and dawn/dusk combined will also equal (so about half the time for each) day or night.

Hope this helps.

1 Like