Dedicated Server Product Update

Just a quick and small notification that we’ve just pushed an update to the Dedicated Server product that fixes some server stability issues related to Source Server Query. No client update needed, but this should resolve a cause for server crashes.

Another update to the Dedicated Server product for today:

With this, dedicated servers should no longer get stuck trying to shutdown SourceServerQueries module; no client update needed. Please let us know if you continue to experience server issues.

1 Like

Do we have to manually download it, or does it update itself?

Thanks

Well it seems this update broke our private servers. We have a pve and a pvp server and both were taken down because the server crashes within 20 minutes of being up.

Jeez…

Mine isn’t crashing yet “that i know of…”.

But, I can not login from the hosting PC.

— EDIT —
In response to: Just a quick and small notification that we’ve just pushed an update to the Dedicated Server product

Just a quick reminder that you broke the game again !

1 Like

What query ports are your severs using? Most of ours had to be moved to 17015 to work smoothly.

I’m not in a position to answer that. Our admin for the server was told it was the query port that needed changing and he replied he can’t do that. I think the answer should come from Funcom directly and send out a fix for this. The servers worked before that latest patch and now they don’t. It’s that simple.

Another update for today:
With this, dedicated servers should no longer get stuck trying to shutdown SourceServerQueries module; no client update needed. Please let us know if you continue to experience server issues.

in logs as before
[2020.06.26-19.47.58:014][744]SourceServerQueries:Warning: Received unknown request with opcode 85
[2020.06.26-19.47.58:014][744]SourceServerQueries:Warning: Received unknown request with opcode 85

So I ask this in other Forum. So, how do I update my server from Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.46 to 1.0.47? the answer I received was " you download new exec put it in same folder your previous exec was, use new exec, done".
So is it the conansndboxserver. exe? Just replace it? I’m very new at this and have never had to update our server before.

Our server is having the same issue. Interestingly, it shows as running in the Steam Server list, yet Conan can’t connect to it - ‘Connection to the server has been lost’ error still occuring.

1 Like

This is constant in our log right now so I’d say not fixed?

[2020.07.01-08.53.28:329][470]SourceServerQueries:Warning: Received unknown request with opcode 85
[2020.07.01-08.53.33:800][843]SourceServerQueries:Warning: Received unknown request with opcode 85
[2020.07.01-08.53.35:718][987]SourceServerQueries:Warning: Received unknown request with opcode 85
[2020.07.01-08.53.36:477][ 39]SourceServerQueries:Warning: Received unknown request with opcode 85
[2020.07.01-08.53.37:542][116]SourceServerQueries:Warning: Received unknown request with opcode 85
[2020.07.01-08.53.38:328][165]SourceServerQueries:Warning: Received unknown request with opcode 85

@Spynosaur_Nicole
With the 2020JUL01 Hot Patch my server has been very smooth but there is still this nagging issue of the Steam Query Port. Since Funcom seems to be aware of this I did not make a bug report but this needs to be resolved. In essence you/Funcom need to release details on how to retrieve the quantity of players online to our server hosting solutions…like PingPerfect.

So what is still happening is

• Player logs In a player slot increments
  • Player logs Out the player slots will not decrement
  • Only solution currently is to stop the server then start again to reset the current available slots to 0

A ticket was opened with PingPerfect and their final answer:
This is something we are already aware of but there is not a lot we can do about it currently. Conan changed the protocol they use to query server information (I imagine it has something to do with the Epic Game Store as the query protocol was steam only) but have not released any details about the new query system

Thanks
Rohi

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.