Delving Bench not working

Just read my comment. The Bench works

@CodeMage just realized I donā€™t think I responded to you, sorry. Apparently Iā€™m in the middle of figuring out the damaged versus non damaged and trying to get a vid uploaded. Iā€™ll post the results when Iā€™m able to do that. Trying not to waste mats on official pvp :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Narelle ok, so i think my clanmates may have been yankin my chainā€¦ idk. so i just tried 2 fully repaired items, hard steel, at 20 eld bars each, and the bench worked for both. i tried damaged ones, nothing - so not sure what they were smoking. on the private server, i could reproduce dismantling broken ones if:

1 - place damaged item X in bench
2 - place full repaired item X in bench
3 - place 40 eld bar in bench
4 - bench will dismantle BOTH items

Note - I DID get a recipe with on of the damaged items. So possibly if you want to collect some of your used items before theyā€™re broken and then do a mass dismantle for more opportunities at once, this might work. But again, lack of info on this mechanic is making testing difficult from the standpoint of knowing whether this is intended or not.

In my example below, I put 3 damaged items in the bench, then the 4th fully repaired, then the stack of bars.

ANDā€¦ you can put the damaged items in, put the fully repaired item in to get the dismantling going, then pull the repaired item out and it will keep dismantling the damaged itemā€¦ cheese :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Biggins Thanks, I will try to reproduce on my private server as well.

EDIT: Thanks again, I was able to reproduce the issue on a private server (no mods):

1 Like

I tried the Delving Bench with a Hardened Steel Greatsword.

Result was a Hardened Steel Greatsword without durability that was unable to be wielded, appearing permanently greyed out on my hotbar and in the inventory.

@Tenzo this is what is supposed to happen when you lose the rng roll, better luck next time.

2 Likes

Ouchā€¦ There is RNG?.. Thatā€¦ I didnā€™t know, thanks. It seems weird, there is no other case of RNG in crafting.

Wouldnā€™t have guessed.

Are you always supposed to get a broken weapon? Because sometimes I get a broken weapon, but sometimes it completely disappears. Should I report the latter as a bug?

You should always get a either a broken weapon or broken weapon plus recipe. The weapon should not disapear

1 Like

I concur, I have not seen the weapon disappear after being used on the delving bench. But Iā€™ve had plenty of inventory bugs since Siptah so, yea, wouldnā€™t be surprised if it happened.

They were all DLC weapons, so that might be the problem.

1 Like

Could be a bug yes, did you get any recipes out of the dlc weapons?

Approximately half the time I get a recipe, and the weapon disappears. The other half is just ā€œpoofā€.

Also, I have a question about those recipes. At the blacksmithā€™s bench, I have the option to craft the epic or non-epic version of them. But with a T1 blacksmith, I also get an option to craft the exceptional variant of the non-epic version. Is that expected?

Iā€™ve seen that as well, and am not sure what to think. With new content like this, theyā€™re not giving us any info to go on for what SHOULD happen. And while I appreciate the mystery and discovery process, at least a little bit more info on whatā€™s intended would be helpful on stuff like this.

1 Like

I guess so.

Siptah is not the exiled lands, and I guess they need to make the T1 thralls worth somethingā€¦ I guess thatā€™s a reason to have them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.