You’re not the only one that’s been having this problem. It seems like some systems on Win10 don’t work with the game (or possibly don’t have the right version of DirectX 12). What makes it more strange is that some people are still running on Win10 without problems. Realistically, we don’t have the answer here, but it’s also possible the devs don’t have the answer. The best I can suggest is
a) see if there’s any way you can download a more recent version of DirectX 12
b) keep this thread open and hope that someone is able to give the right bit of advice…
or c) the ‘nuclear option’ - give in and install Win11.
That last should probably work, but it’s understandable you may not want to do it…
I did fill one out there also a few days ago, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and a possible workaround.
I do not want to install windows 11 just for a single game, as it will break a bunch of other stuff I use right now. Windows is completely opaque on actually downloading directx, it expects you to already have it via windows update. Windows update also claims to not need any directx updates either. I would think if it was a problem with UE5 then other UE5 games would have the same problem but they run fine.
Thanks for reporting. I am using Win10, RTX3080, Driver 596.36 all working just fine. But NVidia released a new driver specifically for CE Enhanced. Since you have a different setup I can not offer you more than a link:
Thanks for this. It appears this card may not support the specific version of directx12 that it may need. Which kind of defeats the purpose of version numbering but what can you do. Apparently the architecture supports directx 12, but not 12.2. I either need to wait for a patch, or buy a new card. This is a ten year old video card, so it’s not that surprising, it’s just weird that other modern games still run on it.