Exiled Lands Lore Videos

Hey, all! I love the lore of Conan the Barbarian, and Conan Exiles has a rich helping of it. It takes a little hunting for, though. I’ve been going through the game and finding all the dialog, item descriptions, and tie-in materials to piece the story together.

For my first video, I’m taking on the basics: where the Exiled Lands are, how people get there, and who’s behind the scheme. I’m planning on putting out some faction-based videos in the future, as well as breaking down the long and tangled history of the Serpent Men, Giant-Kings, and Lemurians who built the ruins we see in-game.

If you have topics you’d like to see covered in a lore video, please let me know!

13 Likes

My second video is the beginning of a two-part deep dive into the ancient history of the Exiled Lands. This first part focuses on who made the bracelets that keep exiles trapped here, and why. The second part, detailing how the events set up in this video ended, will drop sometime next week. As before, please let me know if there are topics you’d like to see covered!

4 Likes

This is amazing!! Thank so you much and well done for all of your work, so much better to have a chronological input on all the pieces of information that you find scattered throughout the game, it completely changes one’s perspective and grasp over the lore. Please do continue making these videos, as well about the factions. Can’t wait for the second part about the bracelets!!

2 Likes

:paw_prints: two paws up.

1 Like

Great work. I love the documentary-style narration sprinkled with “eyewitness accounts”.

This also really highlights the fine work Funcom has done with their in-game lore. The fate of the Lemurians is touched only very lightly in the original Howardian material, but the whole story in the game kind of fits right in. Could the Giant-Kings have been the “pre-human civilization” referred to in the Hyborian Age?

2 Likes

Thanks for the support, folks! This week’s video goes into detail about the war between the Giant-kings and the Lemurians, which destroyed them both and turned the Exiled Lands into the savage wasteland we see today. I’m debating where to go with my videos next; I’ll either put something together about the 7 artifacts of the Exiled Lands or start talking about the enemy factions. I’ll decide and put something up no later than early next week.

Kapoteeni, I personally think of the Giant-kings as that “pre-human civilization”, and my videos definitely slant that way. This week’s video makes some pretty bold claims about the origins of Acheron while also reconciling the game’s lore with some of what is said about the origins of Stygia in The Hyborian Age.

1 Like

This week I’m rolling out my first faction video, detailing the Black Hand pirates and the rise and fall of Jamila the Pirate Queen. I’ll go back to the game’s overall plot eventually, but I wanted to take a break from that and break down the stories of the various enemy groups, starting with my personal favorite.

As always, feedback is welcome!

1 Like

This week’s video focuses on the Relic Hunters of Sepermeru, showcasing their story and (briefly) the new Wine Cellar dungeon.

1 Like

You should go into detail about the seven artifacts. Either in separate videos or all in one.

I’ll definitely get back to the seven artifacts at some point. For now, just in time for Halloween, the spooky scary Darfari cannibal tribes and their dark god Yog.

3 Likes

Continuing with my faction videos, the Dogs of the Desert and the Jhebbal Sag religion.

2 Likes

ive been watching these, and subbed, thus is great stuff

1 Like

This week, the last desert faction, the Worshipers of Mitra!

3 Likes

It’s been a long time, but I’m finally back with another lore video! This time I’m covering the Frost Giants, the Heirs of the North, and the Lost Tribe of Cimmeria.

1 Like

You’re back!!

These are wonderful! Would you consider posting them on CE RP?

I’d be happy to set up a special forum just for them! You can reach me on Discord at Alexandria #3035 if you’d like to discuss it!