Exiles forum revamp

Hi! As you may have noticed, the Exiles forum has had a facelift recently. The goal of this update is to reduce clutter on the Exiles forum frontpage and open specific sections for each platform to make things easier to track and report.

The revamp is not 100% complete as of this writing (we still need to migrate some topics to their new, appropriate sections), but it’s mostly done.

Changelog here: Conan Exiles forum facelift

Let me know what you think/rip my work apart here :adnyplz:

18 Likes

We’ve certainly considered it; if there is enough demand for a whole separate modding section, we can do so.

7 Likes

I’m loving the changes so far, especially the subforums dedicated to bugs :smiley:

I do have one minor complaint and one question. The complaint is about the breadcrumbs on top, i.e. these:

Those used to include “Conan Exiles”, so I could click on that and see all the latest Conan Exiles topics. After the changes, some topics have it and others have not. For example, this one doesn’t. Can we make sure all topics have it?

EDIT: I figured it out. The breadcrumbs get collapsed when I scroll down. It would be nicer if they didn’t :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: but I can live with pressing Home before clicking.

The question is about the “Servers and Recruitment” category. It says it will be “retired soon”. Will the bookmarks for posts in that section still work once it’s retired? To clarify, I don’t mean browser bookmarks, but the ones implemented by the forum software.

3 Likes

Your bookmarks should be fine? That’s a good question actually. If you’re saving threads by the actual topic URL then you’re fine, as the actual URL of each topic will not change.

2 Likes

Are these not visible to you? I checked the settings and they should be visible to all and open to posting.

6 Likes

Sure thing, sorry for the confusion!

3 Likes

Sorry, I was talking about these:

But you kinda answered my question anyway: it sounds like the section isn’t being moved or deleted, just hidden.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Oh my bad, yeah, the actual bookmarking feature of the forums :sweat_smile:

Yeah, the actual URL of the thread won’t change, so you should be able to access the topic anyway. We’ll do our best to recategorize as many of the existing Server/Clan threads as possible, and we won’t delete the category, it’ll just be delisted.

Any specific threads that we miss that need to be moved can always be done so individually if someone lets us know.

3 Likes

I’m lost. Is this Oz? I’ll have two double cheeseburgers and a med fry please.

4 Likes

Quick update: Updated patch notes icons and added console brand logos to the Xbox and PS icons to make it easier to tell apart, hopefully.

4 Likes

:bug:Bug’s Bug’s. Wondered how long it would take for you to stamp big feet on them. @Halk .

2 Likes

Wait which Oz. You mean This timeless classic?

5 Likes

Yes. Yes I do.

3 Likes

The forum needs animation canceling…

darth runs and shuts the door…

6 Likes

deadbolt slides into place

2 Likes

Yeah, when I joined, the forum was totally different. This is false advertising and if they don’t change it back, I’m going to sue them. :crazy_face:

(was that too coherent?)

5 Likes

Literally unpostable.

4 Likes

I appreciate the (perhaps slightly cynical) banter personally, but yeah, should probably keep this thread on-topic moving forward. If you notice any issues, formatting bugs, or oversights, or if anything else jumps out at you, let me know. Thanks :slight_smile:

7 Likes

On an unrelated note, I noticed that the profanity filter has been ever-so-slightly relaxed. If you did that on purpose, @AndyB, then you have my eternal, undying gratitude :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ah, yeah, I’ve made some minor changes to the profanity filter too. ;D

4 Likes