Farming should be self-sustaining. Like farming

I really keep reading this as some people just want to sit 1 place in the game and never go out again.

1 Like

There are far more reasons to go out than seeds gathering. If the only reason for you to go out is to get some plants, then i feel sorry for you.

3 Likes

This is a Sandbox game. If some people wants a self sufficient base, that’s great. Why do you even care ?
And I agree with OP, farming is sadly useless ATM.

4 Likes

Planters are basically meant for Grey lotus seeds

True. But in the end they are not that useful when you can just get drunk for +3vit on top of the +3str.

2 Likes

Fine.

Then a dryer to dry wood and make resin is useless.

You can actively go out and farm both.

2 Likes

get drunk and add the grey potion :smile:

1 Like

I go farm just resin if I want to use it. I only really use the dryer for dry wood because there are not enough dead trees to farm. I’m about efficiency because I like to play on PvP and you know PvP and not farm so much.

1 Like

sadly, it doesn’t stack.

1 Like

Getting seeds from the higher level planters is more about progression, not having to grind the same stuff as you did form level 1. Especially considering that you now have other materials to gather for high level buildings, armour, weapons n so on.
See it as having thralls on your workbenches n what not. Less materials, less time the higher level thrall you have.

Anyhoo, don’t really care as I host my own server and use mods to fix this issue and other quality of life issues that are needed, especially since the ones that play on my server have jobs and families so grinding stuff all day long isn’t a possibility.

2 Likes

really? I thought it did

Something similar to how 7 days to die does would be nice. You pick the plant then you have the option to use said plant or craft said plant into seeds but you also have to till the land and such to make an actual garden

I think farming needs a lot of work currently no one on my server bothers with it other than for decoration because it is very poor resource reward. You spend a lot more than you get back from it.

I can think of a few solutions, one would be like 7 days to die where you can make seeds for it out of the plant, but at a ratio where you can keep the farm up while gaining some plants to use.

Another is to add seeds to what is produced. One thing that could be done is make harvested plants expire and spoil like food, then there is a reason to have a farm and having each plant not die, or produce a seed when harvested isnt a problem because you cant just stockpile perishable plants.

You could also offset the sustainable farming with certian weather harming them or being required, such as needing a well for the plants if in desert, or sand storm being able to harm the plants.

Having the plants be single use after all the trouble to get the seeds and make the planter and compost does not work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.