Feedback thread: Coop Mode issues after 2.3 - Playing as other player's character, connectivity issues

Im having the same issue. Annoying as hell since i just started playing today with a friend

yea, we had it for a month and only play it via coop

Same boat here, seems the update cause a lot more issues that it solved. Here’s hoping for a quick patch.

1 Like

man I hope so, really like the game, buts its a game breaker for us. back to Destiny 2 I guess until its fixed

1 Like

Hello, I am having problems with co-op mode in the new version of ps4 patch 1,63. The problem is that when I invite my friend he joins as my character,and not his and I can’t play only him. In other words he takes over my character and I can’t move or do anything, his character doesn’t load.
I wish you respond back thank you

1 Like

Hey everybody,

We’ve merged threads about these issues into this one to better keep track of the feedback. We’re aware of these problems and they are being looked into at this moment.
Please keep sending us constructive feedback about it that could help us narrow down the issue and fix it in a timely manner.

Sorry again for the frustration these issues can cause, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

5 Likes

Looks like co-op is acting just like the SharePlay feature.

Sony sent an update on 04/14/2021 that allows sharing between PS4 & PS5, maybe there’s a connection?

PS4 8.50 system software features

• In Party, you can now enjoy Share Play with players on PS5 consoles.

Can anyone try the SharePlay and see if makes a difference?

Edit: Make sure to save your file to the cloud and USB drive!

1 Like

Me and my cousin face the same problem. We did everything in our power to sneak us into our coop world whichs effort eventually paid off. We were able to move individually but accidentally duplicated the character. Mine was exactly like his survivor. Once one rejoined, the original problem kept us from enjoying the game. We spent approximately 2hours and more straight figuring out how we could exist simultaneously. We tried it on a separate and new session. As soon as he was joining (after I send him a request) I committed suicide (just took the cuff off). When I respawned he was next to me. Both were able to move and interact, without influencing the other’s gameplay. I think it was about getting the timing right. It really was a random thing that obviously didn’t work on every try. And you would need to redo that process every single time you’re playing coop.
We’re so desperate that we even reinstalled the game…it changed nothing.
Now to something we figured out during the problem: When he takes over my character my admin-rights have no influence on him. I can still change the day-night cycle and weather though…yeah that is not getting us anywhere.
When I push buttons that used to open the map or my talents/skills and so on, I don’t see them but I can hear it switching the pages…

As soon as he leaves my server I should have full control over my character but this didn’t work out either. I had to restart the server.

That is everything I can contribute to this thread.
I hope it was helpful and the developers or who else can fix it will be able to do so soon.
Cheers.

Btw we’re on PS4 and in Europe.

2 Likes

Can’t load in 3828

Ikr I saw people saying the overload of uneccessary benches is causing way worse lag than the over crowded menues of the original 5-6 benches

Game mode: [Online | Coop]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [EU]

Me and my girlfriend have two ps4’s. We have installed and played coop without a problem before 2.3. After the game patched, we are unable to play together, and are experiencing guest playing as host, while hosts camera is hovering above ground. We have tried reinstalling the game, deleted every save file while doing so. We both hosted a game and in both scenarios this bug happened. I think it might be something to do with share play.

1 Like

I have not been able to join my friends in conan exiles since the update. Can we expect this to be rectified or ask for a refund?

1 Like

Me and my friend PS_Vick90 have the same issues. We are in Italy. Coop completely broken.

2 Likes

Yes, COMPLETELY BROKEN :frowning:
Correct Them Please.

Same issue. My friend’s screen freezes in the same place when I take her character over. She can see me move, but can’t follow. Character does not return to owner when I log off. Also, admin password doesn’t work when used correctly. The same occurs for both of us, regardless of who’s co-op is being used.

1 Like

My best friend and I are having the same issue

I don’t think it’s share paly because I’m having this bug with my BF as well and we don’t share play

1 Like

Ps4, Encountered it in all tests.

Got 2 ps4’s in house, 1 CE Disc (PAL) and 2 Digital (na)'s One ps4 is wired, and other is on wifi. (decent connection in my house)

Havnt had issue before patch, havnt used it much thou recently till issue was reported. So gave it a go.
The load time is long in general, can’t really speak if its that much different in anyway.

We play several other games like diablo 3 and CoDMW co-op no issues.

Which is just bad QA in my opinion they released a all in one patch instead of maybe releasing them one by one to see what new issues would happen because it’s known console brings their own set of issues to each individual system xbox has their own issues and PS has their own issues each separate from what ever stuff PC players run into. Instead they released it all at once which causes all the unseen issues they weren’t able to be aware of until lit release on console to hit al lat once and conflict with all kind of stuff in the update

My daughter and I are having the same issue we loggin she sends the invite and her screen freeze’s and now I’m playing as her under her account I press the ps button and I’m still logged in under my account I go to the main menu and now I’m back in my Conan account