Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America
Several times now, I’ve been losing items when placing them into a Preservation Box (original or improved)
Food items, most commonly are the Mulled Brew, a warming drink which has an expiration timer.
Usually I lose just 1 from the stack.
I believe that the game is rounding down, if the expiration timer is less than half of the original value.
Sometimes when I take a single item out of the box, it seems to have the highest remaining time, not the last time I placed it in the box. If this is the case, and the placement is destroying the item, the container should not accept the item in the first place.
Pets can be placed into a box and removed and seem to retain their prior expiration value.
This issue has occurred for food items mostly: Lasting Meal, Mulled Brew, etc.
Steps to reproduce:
- Loot some Mulled Brew (say 4 in this example)
- Return home
- Examine the qty of product already in the preservation box before adding new product
- Try to wait until the decay timer on that product is < 50% for suspect issue
- Place them into the box and observe the quantity should be rising by the amount you place
- You can place them in smaller batches, using the shift modifier before placement, to check one by one
- For the last item placed, if it has a low remaining time, see if it fails to increment the counter in the preservation box