Footstep bug, eliminates immersion

There is absolutely no footstep sounds when equipping tools, weapons and torches. It’s really killing the immersion in the game not having a single audio for footsteps. It’s literally fully silent when walking with anything in hand. This problem has been in the game for many years now… Is it not supposed to get fixed by now?

I’ve tested this with and without mods. I just uninstalled ALL mods to play it the way it was released. Still nothing. As soon as you equip anything the footstep sound disappears fully.

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for letting us know. Can you share what game mode where you experienced this issue?

If it was on an Official server, can you share the server number, please?

We await your reply.

I was playing in Singleplayer mode. I can’t say for sure if the problem exists in Multiplayer, haven’t tested it there.
I just remember the sound bug has been there for many years. I’ve even seen others write about it 2017 (5 years ago) in some forum when I tried to find solutions to it before posting here.

The only time you get a footstep sound with anything in your hands is when you sprint (Shift) or go backwards (S-key on the keyboard).
Sound for A - W - D is gone entierly.
Just to give a little more detail.

Greetings,

Thank you for the details, they will assist us with the investigation.

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

1 Like