Fps drop after playing awhile

I run my own dedicated server through steam.
Play on it solo or with 1 other and after playing awhile fps drops to a stutter,10fps or so,for 1 second then goes back up.I get over 100fps.Happens solo and to both of us,
which leads me to believe its the server part thats has the issue.
I run the server off the same pc as we play on.
Cpu 5950x,2gb m.2 drive,windows 11 on separate 1gb m.2 drive,gpu 4090,1200watt ps,32gb ram,everything runs very cool.
I searched found a few things but nothing is helping.I restart server and game and it resets the issue.I upped my virtual memory and it did help but still happens.Any ideas? Oh yea I do the same with Palworld and Ark with no issues same pc.

Just for the sake of testing, could you try to run this mod and see if that helps?

There have been a number of reports from people after Chapter 3 that the Al-Merayah siege fort might be causing issues like this so a bunch of people asked me to make a mod to remove it till Funcom addresses it :man_shrugging:

It might not help at all, depending on what’s causing the issue (the game is in a state where a lot of stuff was shoveled in and not enough time to properly optimize, so multiple systems are kinda pushing the limits), but it’s worth a shot.
At the very least if you confirm it to be the cause, that would give Funcom some more data to go on.

1 Like

Definitely! ty Ill post back with results.

1 Like

Yep,I think its safe to say the cause of my fps drops are the siege fort.
Have not had any crazy drops since using the mod.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back :slight_smile: Hopefully Funcom will find this information useful

1 Like

Glad YOU made the mod! Thx to you man! Glad we figured out my issue too.
Sucks tho…I like that siege area,great for weapons,xp, and loot early game.

1 Like

Yea I also have mixed feelings about that one haha :slight_smile:
Didn’t even want to make it at first until I saw multiple people requesting it… I thought they’re nuts wanting a mod that REMOVES content instead of adding it…

So I don’t really consider it a solution, just a temporary workaround. Once I had similar issues thou I did install it to my server as well, but I would also prefer not having to do that and mess around with the siege fort instead.

1 Like

Definitely understand…Now we just have to hope FC puts a fix out for this sooner than later…NOT when the new chapter begins, which will most likely just put that area back to normal…hehe I can hope.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.