Funcom apparently doesn’t understand that the players have at least been its customers

Nope, while I may be a toxic console official server PVPer, I read the rules and don’t give FC a reason to look my way.

You caught me.

2 Likes

If the game weren’t good, I really wouldn’t bother here to write upstream with the incomprehensible.
Now my gauge is starting to be really full of funcom and its incredible stubbornness. I really think I’ll stop playing all the Funcom games, as long as I’ve first reviewed the games in every possible place.

Yes, this is a well-known exloit of the reporting system. In addition to protection from the trebuchet, pyramids are also needed, which take up quite a lot of space. But to be honest, it seems useless to me to write here. Local fanboys don’t play this game. And the developers either have no desire to make a well-thought-out system of restrictions, or they have no resources. (the game is now full of bugs).
Merchers (especially those behind the green wall) now have much more advantages than ordinary players. They don’t have to build big bases. And not so many people walk behind the green wall to find them, usually they are the same merchers. So if you play fair, you are much more likely to get banned.

But isn’t there a huge difference between a rule that is only sometimes enforced in the most egregious cases (launch until now), and a that same rule being enforced more robustly?

Which would be reasonable, right? I mean - if you get banned from something for 14 days, and try to cheat your way round the ban, then you get punished more that sounds pretty fair. It’s the same reason ‘destroying evidence’ tends to be a crime - if a person committed a crime and then goes out and destroys the evidence, but is caught while doing that they don’t get to avoid being arrested because they ‘weren’t committing that crime this time, they were just getting rid of the proof from last time’ - trying to circumvent rules usually ends up with additional sanctions being applied.

Edit:

A fair point. Though it is also worth reminding everyone that a warning period was issued, so it shouldn’t have come as a surprise to people when the rules did begin to be enforced more strictly. But yes, there is a difference.

1 Like

Anyway - let’s see how the new DLC sales go.
Seems like a really bad time for me to return to the game so I’ll just put it back on the shelf and play something else until this mess gets figured out.

2 Likes

I only asked for clarification. I even agreed that if that was all that was built, it was an unfair ban. You quoted me. Asking for proof is not calling someone a liar.

Personally I don’t think having those things automatically means you would have a base big enough as to violate the rules. Unfortunately I’m not even sure we can talk about it anymore given recent development. For what it is worth, I have built a similar base on the opposite broken aqueduct (on the Isle of Dusk) before and would also be confused if that alone got me banned.

2 Likes

Sure, I wasn’t advocating for avoiding the ban, but warning against it.

Anyway, I’ve decided Conan isn’t worth the headache right now. I have over 2,000 hours in the game and took a break. I was going to return and play solo on an official PVP server but I don’t have any clear rules. Part of my strategy would be to have several small bases all around the map so one single raid wouldn’t wipe me completely - but with the vague rules and lack of concern for fairness by funcom and half the community I don’t think I can be bothered, really.

I decided rather than buy the DLC’s I missed over the past year I can just do something else.

1 Like

Yes, the “dictators” who own and pay for the official servers are “subjugating” players by giving them an option to ask for information, so they can spend additional time and money on giving them “arrogant” replies. Because that’s what companies do, waste money on pointless crap like that. :roll_eyes:

You know what? That sounds like an excellent idea. I’ve already let all my stuff decay, but I wouldn’t mind calling you on your bluff. So when I’m done with my Cyberpunk 2077 playthrough, I just might go and create a character on one of the PVE-C servers I like and build one of my castles there. If I do that, I’ll try to remember to invite you to report it.

It just might be worth spending time on another depressing round of RNG slot machines just to see you people eat your own words.

I don’t know, but I wish someone would tell me, because I’ve built 3 different versions of my Citadel, on 3 different official servers, with 3 different characters, and I’ve let each decay only after months of play. In those months those bases lasted, I have never been banned or otherwise punished or even warned, despite having all the shrines in the base, along with the greater wheel of pain, a large well, an armored taming pen, two stables, and more than one of each of the crafting stations. :man_shrugging:

My theory is that it’s perfectly possible to build a big base that doesn’t break the spirit of the rules, despite breaking the letter of the rules. For example, I believe that blocking the spawn for a couple of dead trees is technically “content blocking”, but it isn’t really a bannable offense.

3 Likes

Cool - I wasn’t sure which way you meant it. But as a warning makes good sense.

I’d argue you have the exact same clarity of rules that you played under for those 2000 hours - just now you know they’re more likely to be enforced. Personal opinion - your plan doesn’t sound like something that would be deserving of a ban - but if you don’t feel safe/comfortable within the rules right now, then yeah, maybe you’re best off hanging on till things have settled down a little. I think there’ll probably be more clarity as time goes by - if only in terms of players and Funcom developing a better sense of what is or isn’t likely to need a ban. While there are ‘horror stories’ floating around about being banned for no reason, I can understand not wanting the headache.

But this I disagree with. The whole point of Funcom enforcing the rules is aimed at fairness - instead of letting the exploiters run rampant (and let’s be clear, things like foundation stacking have been explicitly stated as exploits), they intend to enforce the rules more strictly. I’m not sure what’s supposed to be unfair about that? And just tossing aside any part of the community that disagrees with you as not being ‘concerned about fairness’ is not very reasonable either. I know you’re better than that - you’ve argued far too reasonably to really intend that.

Whatever the case, I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to move on to. And I hope you’ll come back in a little while and find that things have calmed down (I really hope they calm down…) and you’ll feel comfortable to enjoy Conan again.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing since the first days of early access. I have yet to be banned. Or warned. Largely because I don’t do douchebag things in game or do anything bad to get noticed by anyone.

I’ve heard that conan exiles is dying for … hell… four years now. And yet here we still are.

Don’t want to get banned? Don’t do stupid things. For every person that was legit unfairly banned there are a dozen more that were banned screaming that they were unfairly banned when they were doing douchebag things.

Have problems with that? Fire up your own private server and do douchebag things on your private server where you get to make the rules.

Its a pretty easy scenario in my opinion.

None of us are official server admins. No one here can help you. If you were legit “unfairly banned” then I’m sorry to hear you were unfairly banned. I dont have any context to judge if you were or not since I have no access to game logs showing what you did or did not do.

If there is a huge problem with official servers being full of admins unfairly banning innocent people, join a private server instead. The cost to you is the same on official or unofficial servers: zero. So move to a server where these over zealous official server bannings don’t take place.

7 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Maybe earlier was different.

1 Like

I also have my own server, but want to maintain my gaming skills on official PVP servers, and now I am not banned. But in the past there is and that is why I am concerned about those overzealous prohibitors who apparently do not even know anything else.

The eternal ban on gambling is like a death sentence, that is, final and irrevocable, moreover, it cannot even be appealed. Absolutely incredibly good customer service therefore.
Would you go to a shop where you could be executed for accidentally going to the staff side?

It was. That was one of the changes.

And here’s an example for you of how free servers fund players, the texts are copied from the server’s discord pages:

KITS

Kit carbon → 5 €
–1 T4 Thralls OR 1 Legendary Weapons–

Kit siderite → 10 €
–2 T4 Thralls + 50 dyes of all colors–

Kit advanced → 10 €
–2.5k star metal bar + 1k hardened steel + 50 dyes of all colors–

Kit silver → 15 €
–4 T4 Thralls + 100 dyes of all colors–

Kit gold → 20 €
–6 T4 Thralls + 200 dyes of all colors + 2 Legendary Weapons–

2 Recipes armor, weapons … → 5 €

And

Ladagara [42600hp] -->15€
Arena Champion[24192hp] → 10€
The judge[24192hp]–>10€

Would you go to a park where you could find human poop because the “rules aren’t clear” about who can poop where?

Because that’s what’s going on, people are complaining that they are being kicked out of the park for pooping on the benches, and ignoring the fact that you really shouldn’t poop in the park even if there are no explicit rules against it.

To make it worse, there are rules against pooping in the park, and there have been rules against that for quite a while. It’s just that Funcom decided to say “okay, enough is enough, you have two weeks to stop pooping in the park and clean up your poop, after that we’ll start kicking people out of the park”. And now there’s an uproar about how it’s not fair, because “if you kick out those who poop in the park, you’ll have to kick everyone out and the park will be empty”.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what you are posting here with prices for things or what your point is or what server this is from.

I’m guessing you are saying you found a server that players can buy kits and things from which you would see as pay-to-win or unfair.

If that is the case then I’d say just dont join those type of servers if that kind of thing bothers you.

2 Likes

The city where I live has clear rules of procedure that forbid even dogs from pooping in the park, but there is no permanent ban on finishing in the park but fines for pooping in a public place.
And not even a dog is killed, even if it kicks in the park.

You can only stretch an analogy so far before it breaks. In your case, it broke before you even posted it, because you turned up the hyperbole to 11, as usual.

Nobody is “killed”, not even metaphorically. This is the equivalent of being forbidden to come back to any Disneyland in the whole world because you pooped in Disneyland. You can still go to your friend’s house and poop on his carpet if he’s okay with that.

2 Likes

I won’t join anymore, but I’ll follow the hustle and bustle of these.
On another server, in my stupidity, I went to donate £ 100 to supposedly maintain the server to get a pretty generous advantage, after various steps I was then kicked off the server for claiming the promised benefit, i.e. I was an awkward customer and therefore got robbed.

1 Like