FUNCOM: Please make Sorcery actually viable, and not just a gimmick for masochists

Again, I really don’t know who you’re responding to here because you’re not “replying” via the forum, just open-endedly. I’m going to respond I guess it’s me since I responded to you before.

I think most people here have actually talked about using weaponry and sorcery together except perhaps here:

For the record, I would also find some of these things to be acceptable if implemented correctly.

I don’t think that most people think of the two exclusively. However, you should absolutely be able to use Sorcery to put yourself at an advantage to defeat an opponent that has just a physical weapon at their disposal. Weaponry and Sorcery are both destructive forces even in their current form in the game after all. Nobody asked for a fireball or Cyclops eye-beams, but advanced combat options within the constraints of Sorcery would be interesting. Also, side note, of course a 1v1 would cause any sorcerer to pull out a weapon in the current state, and that’s okay.

On my previous post I even list a full list of good options and Spells to aid the situations. I only find 4 spells to be reasonable combat aids with the potential of others in more niche situations:

It’s safe to say that a good number of people consider their options much like I do.

Nobody (or at least no majority) here is asking for those “traditional” sorts of spells, but as seen above the issue is not really listed as being the spells we’re given. As @AngryPotato mentioned at the beginning it’s mostly the heavy disadvantages in combat that, as I described above in brief detail, have gotten only worse through each update. The current list of spells do not make up for that- hardly at all. I fight people 1V1 (I exclusively use Corruption) all the time and win at least as often as I lose even though I rarely cast a spell. It’s easy to tell that they have more (and better) options to take me down, though. It’s about outperforming at that point. I think that there really is room for improvement here.

Unless somebody had, at release, said that Corruption Builds were way too powerful, then these changes that have put it further into the grave should be balanced out in some way. I like the idea of more Corrupted Perk options as others here have mentioned.

Instead of people saying that it was or is powerful, though, I more often hear people saying something that sounds a bit different… The general consensus seems more like what a few forum members have said not long ago to me:

And I believe that this is a rather widely shared sentiment. I don’t really agree with it all too much, but it does seem to be widespread. Think of how many people you see actually using Corrupted Builds in comparison to those that are not Corrupted. Why do you think that is?

There is need for a change.

I won’t claim to know the “one true change” to fix this all is, but the community has offered many possible solutions and I believe that capable developers could parse out the strong suggestions from the weak.