Corrupted Fighter Builds are Dead in AoW Chapter 4

Build Update to best fit AoW Ch4:

I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t proofread this much. Best of luck to us all.

General Build

Stats:
15 STR, 14 Corrupt
15 AGI
10 Vit, 9 Corrupt
20 Grit

Chosen Perks:
AGI: Precision Strike
VIT: Resurgence
GRIT: Endurance, Steel Thewed

Key Perk Explanations:

1. Resurgence: This perk recovers a flat 80 HP when the player hits half HP and it is able to be used again as soon as the player fully recovers health. The heal cannot be stopped by damage!
  2. Berserker: This perk adds 25% Damage to your attacks whenever your health is under 50%… Which is likely to be quite often in this build.
  3. Steel Thewed: These builds would be in 1-tap range of nearly any build without this perk. Steel Thewed is integral to survival (even though it was nerfed from 25% max damage to 33% max damage).

Armor:

Abyssal Helm:
STR+10%, AGI +10%, Follower DMG +12%, Concussive DMG+15%

Bestial Regalia (Scoutwright w/ Armor Reduction Kit):
STR +8%, AGI+8%

Abyssal Gloves:
STR+10%, AGI +10%, Carrying Capacity +30

Leggings of Kurak (Scoutwright w/ Armor Reduction Kit):
Follower Damage +10%, Stamina +32

Abyssal Boots:
STR+10%, AGI +10%, Stamina +15

Basic Stats before Buffs:

Health: 200 (215 w/ Sated)
Breakdown: (200 [Base] + 200 [20× 10 Levels of Vitality]) ÷ 2 [Corruption debuff because Crom loves you]

Stamina: 121 (130 w/ Sated)
Breakdown: (100 [Base] +60 [3×20 Levels of Grit] +32 [T4-Crafted Leggings of Kurak] + 20 [Grit Perk: Tenacity] + 15 [15 Levels of Agility] + 15 [Abyssal Boots])/2 [Corruption debuff because Crom hates you]

Strength Damage: 234.5%
Breakdown: 100% [Base] + 75% [5%×15 Levels of Strength] + 14% [1% × 14 Corrupted Strength with Scourge] + 10% [Abyssal Helm] + 10% [Abyssal Gloves] + 10% [Abyssal Boots] + 8% [Bestial Regalia] + 7.5% [0.5% × 15 Levels of Agility]

Agility Damage: 234.5%
Breakdown: 100% [Base] + 75% [5%×15 Levels of Agility] + 14% [1% × 14 Corrupted Strength with Scourge] + 10% [Abyssal Helm] + 10% [Abyssal Gloves] + 10% [Abyssal Boots] + 8% [Bestial Regalia] + 7.5% [0.5% × 15 Levels of Strength]

Follower Damage: 122%
Breakdown: 100% [Base] + 12% [Abyssal Helm] + 10% [Leggings of Kurak]

Carrying Capacity: 175(?)
Breakdown: 100(?) [Base] + 45 [3 × 15 Levels of Strength] + 30 [Abyssal Gloves]

Concussive Damage: 115%
Breakdown: 100% [Base] + 15% [Abyssal Helm]

Buffs:

I am going to leave this up to the user. Open-ended. If you’re still hurting for Stamina, I’d say buff that and score yourself another 21 Stamina. Otherwise, throw everything towards your preference in damage for an extra 30% Buff.

This build is not meant for thrall use, but it does have a follower damage bonus if you really want to buff that?

Concussive damage is NOT what you should be using this build for. Avoid that buff.

Can’t stress this one enough: DO NOT BUFF HEALTH as it will hinder your healing (and thus survival) capabilities.

Healing in Combat

Feasts to Yog (13HP/sec): This food serves at as your healing during combat while you’re trying to during active movement. If you find Feasts of Set easier to craft then by all means those work too to an identical effect.

Infused Aloe Potions:
These are actually extremely beneficial. They heal a bit less than others, but very quickly. Feel free to exchange these for Pure Aloe Potions instead if you find yourself low on Scales of Dagon.

Grotesque Excrescense:
a completely passive 1.8 HP Regen that compliments our other heals nicely.

Resurgence:
The big dog! As previously mentioned, this perk recovers a flat 80 HP when the player hits half HP and it is able to be used again as soon as the player fully recovers health. The heal cannot be stopped by damage!

Stamina Usage Management/Mitigation:

We are using exclusively Light armor. That lets us do 6 rolls from full Stamina and helps us make or break contact swiftly.

We also gain boosted Regen from the previously- mentioned Feasts. Those boosts in Stamina regeneration are key to performance.

A few Sigils also amplify our Stamina management capabilities:
Sigil of the Demon: about 50% Stamina cost reduction for sprinting.
Sigil of the Fiend: 15% less stamina use per strike.
Sigil of the Twice-Drowned: 10% Chance for an attack to use no Stamina whatsoever.

Weapon Choices by Type:

(By order of appearance on the Wiki)
NOTE: It looks like Weapon Oil duration was slightly lowered.
Please keep in mind that I almost exclusively fight players for my enjoyment at this point on the servers I play, so using Weapon Oils on Legendaries is nothing to me in terms of expense. If Weapon Oils are not an option for you, Master Weapon Fittings make a great substitution!

Short Sword:
Sword of Champions w/ Master Weapon Kit:
Damage: 88
Penetration: 32.7%
Durability: 900
Weight: 2.63

or

Alligator Bite w/ Oil of Agony: [Siptah Exclusive]
Damage: 89
Penetration: 19%
Duration: 13:38
Weight: 5.25

1H Sword:
Lloigor Fang w/ Oil of Agony: [Siptah Exclusive]
Damage: 74
Penetration: 9%
Duration: 54:33
Weight: 3.50

Shield:
Black Braughr’s Fury w/ Paring Kit
Durability: 7500
Weight: 1.26

Chakrams:
Berserker’s Fistblades w/ Master Weapon Kit:
Damage: 57
Penetration: 21%
Durability: 1800
Weight: 3.06

or

Rip and Tear w/ Oil of Agony: [Siptah Exclusive]
Damage: 61
Duration: 18:11

Claws:
Black Claws w/ Master Weapon Kit:
Penetration: 21%

Daggers:
Hound Fang Daggers w/ Master Weapon Kit (Poisonable): [Siptah Exclusive]
Penetration: 30%
Weight: 2.45

or

Lloigor Fang Daggers w/ Oil of Agony: [Siptah Exclusive]
Damage: 61
Penetration: 18%
Duration: 36:22

also

Balancing Daggers (Tempersmith) w/ Paring Blade: [Siptah Exclusive]
These are utility for both taking away drunk/poison & doing minimal damage to cancel out opponent’s Glutton for Punishment for 15 seconds
Damage: 36
Penetration: 16%
Durability: 648
Weight: 1.61

or even

The Grim w/ Master Weapon Kit (Poisonable):
NOTE: These daggers can also be used to toggle Glutton while uncharged, also, they become incredibly powerful after the full twenty hits of escalating charge. Entering PvP at full charge will make you a nightmare on the field.
Damage: 36
Penetration: 30%
Durability: 750

Great Axe:
Scythe of Thag w/ Oil of Penetration:
Damage: 90
Penetration: 20%
Duration: 21:13
Weight: 5.25

or

Sorcerer’s Great Axe (Bladesmith) w/ Master Weapon Kit (Poisonable): [Siptah Exclusive]
Damage: 84
Penetration: 12%
Durability: 1370.2
Weight: 5.74

Katana:
Musashi’s Black Blade w/ Oil of Agony
Damage: 89
Penetration: 13%
Weight: 4.38

or

Jagged Edge w/ Oil of Agony
Damage: 78
Penetration: 14%
Weight: 8.75

2H Mace:
Blackheart Hammer (Bladesmith) w/ Oil of Agony:
Damage: 107
Penetration: 47%
Duration: 31:38
Weight: 4.59

or

Baal-Pteor’s Lodestone w/ Oil of Agony: (Poisonable)
NOTE: This weapon also deals Stamina damage!
Damage: 83
Penetration: 47%
Duration: 24:15
Weight: 0.10

Spear:
Mordlun w/ Oil of Agony:
Damage: 82
Duration: 21:13

or

Long Lloigor Fang w/ Oil of Agony: [Siptah Exclusive]
Damage: 74
Duration: 1:24:51

2H Sword:
Blackheart Blade (Bladesmith) w/ Oil of Agony
Damage: 106 (Where’s Crom now?)
Penetration: 26%
Duration: 23:44
Weight: 9.19

Bow:
Voidforge Bow (Bowmaker) w/ Master Weapon Kit: [Siptah Exclusive]
Damage: 40
Durability: 978.7
Weight: 3.83

or

Twice Upon an Arrow (Bowmaker) w/ Master Weapon Kit: [Siptah Exclusive]
NOTE: This bow shoots two arrows at once!
Damage: 12
Durability: 978.9
Weight: 3.83

Arrows:
Mandibles of Atlach Nacha:
Damage: 18
Penetration: 50%
Full Stack Weight: 10.00

or

Huntress Arrows: [Siptah Exclusive]
Damage: 31
Penetration: 18%
Full Stack Weight: 10.00

Throwing Axes:
Throwing axe of Nergal (Bladesmith): [Siptah Exclusive]
Note: This throwing axe can be thrown 17 times!
Damage: 42
Penetration: 0
Weight: 4.40

Sigils for Combat:

These Sigils, while exclusive to Isle of Siptah, are incredibly useful to this playstyle!
Ideally you will have each of these, but the Stamina & DOT Cancel Sigils are most important.
Goblin: Honestly I don’t even know the effect of this one anymore. I just use it.
Snakemen: Removes two stacks of bleed very frequently.
Jhil’s Brood: Lowers fall damage.
Demon: about 50% Stamina cost reduction for sprinting.
Fiend: 15% less stamina use per strike.
Twice-Drowned: 10% Chance for an attack to use no Stamina whatsoever.
Wolfmen: Regain 20 Health after killing an enemy. Good for PvE or a quick PvP diversion for HP if in peril.
Serpent: Removes two stacks of poison very frequently.

If the situation is right, the uncommon spell can in fact be to our advantage here as well.

Slow Fall: Works as a perfect ambush given that you have both the drop and are outside of earshot. That last part is unlikely.

Invisibility Self: Like mentioned by a few people on this post, using this can be another great way to sneak up on a target even if they hear the initial spell!

Creeping Darkness: Much like Invisibility Self, this can be used to have an advantage against an opponent even if they hear you cast it. Furthermore, it can buy time to cast another spell if you’d like to do so.

Lightning Storm: This spell is the ultimate form of passive damage on multiple targets that can effect them throughout a fight, just make sure that you give yourself enough time to cast since it’s a top-tier spell.

If you have any questions on this build let me know. I’m trying to have high hopes for AoW Ch4!

Hey, @MarcosC and @stelagel, I know that you two expressed interest in my build before, so I thought you might like to see this.

2 Likes