Game Crashes immediately on launch after Siptah

Game mode: Launching the game.
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: n/a
Region: US

Immediately upon attempting to launch the game after downloading and installing all required files, the game crashes.

No loading screens are shown, no in game cut-scenes, nothing. I cleared out all Modlist files and unsubscribed from any and all mods subscribed to previously as I’ve been told this has been an issue. I have even deleted the servermodlist.txt.

I have not reinstalled the dlc or game yet given it’s bloated file-size taking a significant amount of time to do so, and really I’d rather avoid doing so out right.

The only changes made to the game is the new DLC. That’s it, and I have seen many people experiencing this issue and none capable of providing a means to resolve it. So I’d greatly appreciate a simply means to fix it or a walk through on how to refund DLC.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Purchase Isle of Siptah DLC and download 60GB file
  2. Launch game from short-cut or from steam library
  3. Wait 5-10 seconds, at which point game will crash without even opening.
2 Likes

I have not been able to play since the update myself. I have not been able to get any response either on my thread. I can get to the title screen then POOF it just disappears without any crash pop-up or anything. I have uninstalled and re-installed it twice and have been playing since early access and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

1 Like

So I’m able to get into a loading screen after poking around in discord servers and I havent tested getting in game yet.

But, I verified files and the main thing it fixed?
The Disabled startup movies.

I’ve had 2 other players confirm it- after disabling Startup movies which chews into load time, the game will not even start and wont do so until verifying local files via steam.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.