Game Freeze While Dragging Unconscious Thrall and Sprinting on Horseback through F7/F8 on Map

Basic Info:

Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: JanBobServer
Mods: None

Bug Description:

Game freezes when dragging unconscious thrall while sprinting on horseback. Seems to happen when specifically traveling on the map through G8 to F8 to F7 and just North of Scuttler’s Scout or traveling West to East by SouthEast from F8 to F7 going underneath the the Southern Aqueduct. Once game image freezes, unable to alt+tab or otherwise access Task Manager to end the game. Have to reset computer to recover. Upon logging back into the game, character is at a different location directly forward of where faced when freeze happens; potentially getting stuck inside the horse/mount and absolutely losing the tether of the unconscious thrall and unable to find on ground anywhere

Bug Reproduction:

Knock out thrall at the Den or Bonepicker Camp. Tether thrall with the bindings. Jump on horseback and sprint towards base. In my case the path I was using was up towards Priestking’s Retreat from Bonepicker Camp then heading South along the West side of the river and past the water fall or coming West from the Den and going under the Southern Aqueduct and down the path to the river in both cases the freeze happened near the same spot within the bottom right corner of F8 just to the right side of the Souther Aqueduct overpass and just north of the Scuttler’s shortcut cave.

In the case of the Bonepicker Camp, it was a Named/Tier 4 Cook. The thrall from the Den was a Tier II or III something. I don’t remember what kind of thrall it was. In both cases the Thrall was nowhere to be found/seen upon relaunching the game. Very frustrating losing that Tier 4 Cook!

I am running a fairly modern system:
Intel i7 11700k
Gigabyte Aorus Z590i MB
32 GB of TridentZ Memory @ 3600Mhz CL16
Gigabyte Eagle 3080ti Driver version 527.56 Release date: 12/08/2022
Sabrent 1TB Nvme Gen3 (OS) Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2251)
Gigabyte Aorus 2TB Nvme Gen 4 (Games)
Game is being played through STEAM
Playing on an Aorus 4k OLED monitor running at 4k resolution and Ultra settings

I have lost 4-5 thralls by pulling them on horseback due to crashes but from what I’ve noticed the commonality was the distance from which I was pulling. Distance from Supermaru to nearby oasis was no issue but soon as it was more then a map square grid for distance away, while pulling a bound thrall, crash probabilities exponentially elevated. I’m running a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 64 GB rams, GEFORCE RTX Zotac gaming card and running on full graphic performance without any rendering issues. Windows 10 home. Playing game through Steam and all crashes occured while on PVE.

So, since my last post, I’ve tried a test where I knocked the Cimmerian Berzerker and dragged him from
Mounds of the Dead (C11) to Supermaru (B7) but did this trip by running/walking as opposed to horseback dragging him and was successful to set him in a wheel at destination. At this point, I’m leaning towards the horseback binding drag when it’s too long of a distance which in turn promotes freeze crashes.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your report.

Could you let us know if this behavior happens in Single Player or in our Official Servers as well?

Thanks in advance :smile:

I can say, that this happens in Singleplayer also as on dedicated servers, with and without mods.

I would love to share my shortly posted report with detailed information, but I am not allowed to. I reported 13 days ago.

Hello,

Thank you for this information.

This issue has been reported and we will try to investigate it as soon as possible!

If there’s anything else that might be relevant, feel free to reach out to us :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.