Game pass - your online content sharing prevent the use of online features

**Game mode: Co-op
**Type of issue: Other
Server type: N/A
**Region: N/A
Mods?: No

Bug Description:

I am unable to play coop or online, when i click on “online” or “coop” in main menu, i get this error message: your online content sharing prevent the use of online features

Expected Behavior:

i guess servers or something should show up, but i can’t get past the error message

Steps to Reproduce:

1. start game
  2. click on online
1 Like

Probably the result of limiting multiplayer or content sharing options in GamePass.

In settings, go to Privacy & Online Safety ( privacy tab)

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=main:privacytab

You will see 3 tabs ( Privacy / Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety / Xbox 360 Online Safety )

“you can see and upload community creations” —this is the one that usually screws this up. You want it set to “Everyone”.

There may be another one that will trigger this error as well, but that one is the most common cause.

2 Likes

I had that setting on “Everyone” already and im still getting the issue. I even changed some settings in that tab to allow.

I’m with the same problem too

1 Like

The game keeps telling me “Your online content sharing settings prevent the use of online features.” Even though my account is fully open to anything, as its been setup like that for 10 years.

Can’t play online, can’t play coop, can only play single player due to this issue.

This is a fresh install, with no mods, or edits, or anything, and this happens each time I click “Play Online” or “coop”.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue too.

Same issue, but I don’t even get that warning. I just get “could not log in!” and it sends me to help forum.

Yeah, i have the same thing. I tried adding it to my firewall exceptions and even changed some of my privacy setting for xbox to see if that will do anything. I just want to coop with my friends lol

Checked Firewall ?

Depending on your skill; If these things dont ring a bell, forget this post.

Depending on what brand firewall u use;

(set it to interactive and see what wants to go online in the context of the game.)
(Or check the logs of firewall with the same idea)

This is not a solution perse but one form of diagnostic.

Image your system (backup) before fiddeling around (Always be prepared to revert to the current or a good known version)

If these things dont ring a bell, forget this post.

Doesn’t help at all, but ty for the reply. Hopefully this issue is fixed soon.
I went and bought the game on steam cause its only $11 currently and it works perfectly fine.

Just responded to this in the other thread.

I’ve just downloaded Conan Exiles on game pass pc. I can log in to the main menu perfectly. But if I touch anything related to online, this message pops up: ‘‘Your online content sharing settings prevent the use of online features’’.

Can anyone help me, thanks in advance.

Game mode: [ Online official | Online private | Single-player | Co-op)]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [ n/a ]
Region: [ n/a ]
Mods?: [ No ]

Bug Description:

the game will not connect to the Funcom servers, whether in single player or online, so the game is currently 100% unplayable on gamepass (pc). This is a fresh install as I have never played this game before

Expected Behavior:

the game should connect to a server

Installed Mods:

no mods

Steps to Reproduce:

1) start up the game on gamepass (pc)
2) click on multiplayer
3) get “login failed” message
4) click on single player/coop
5) get “login failed” message

1 Like

Gamepass is Microsoft Store?

yes it is a subcription service through Microsoft,.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

We’ve passed all this information over to the rest of the team for further investigation.
As soon as we know more we will be updating this thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we look into this.

3 Likes

Any update?

Getting the same error. Anyone found a fix?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.