Getting a lot of Authentication Failed errors

The problem is, Funcom implements these Live Services forcing players to go through their authentication servers and then does nothing to monitor them properly. If you are going to force your customers to use your Live Services in order to connect to a game they paid for and then don’t have people on staff to fix them 24/7, you really need to rethink your customer service approach or get rid of Live Services altogether.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. It just started a couple hours ago for me. Yesterday, everything worked fine.

they making more content for money but no attention to player base. so this is why the game is dying. good job Funcom

1 Like

And there is more and more players with this problem on different posts in whole forum, having the same issue for hours and it looks like this customer service is not “Live” Services.
As i read that some tried to post a ticket and they just closed it as “solved”, its really messed up how they approach this.
So yeah, spend money on game, DLC’s, server (if u not play on private one) and u got a customer service like this. I played free-to-play games where they will respond in less then hour if u have an issue so… yeah…
Dissapointed.

1 Like

I can say things happen. ESO and other subscription base games have had this issue before. I was locked out of ESO for a couple of weeks a few years ago due to some weird log in issue. MMORPGs have been down periodically over the years so this is not new for online games. In some cases, they granted extra time on the subscription.

That said, hopefully they will resolve this in the morning / soon. Granted, weekend is not the greatest time to have this issue, but things always seem to fail at the worst times :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

my only concern is, if this extends over the weekend, a lot of people may lose stuff to decay (for those who can only have time to play on weekends), and that is going to be pretty unfortunate for them, given the official policy of no restoration.

2 Likes

i feel they should do restoration in extreme cases like this; say this extends over a matter of days and stuff DOES start decaying. Obviously worst case scenario, but if they didn’t do restoration for stuff that decayed within the time span that people couldn’t connect, they’d just be rubbing salt in the wound.

1 Like

this is my experience to reconnect to 1962 official server:

1st try: Authentication failed
4th try: logged in and got kicked literally after 40s in-game.
5th try: authentication failed
10th try: authentication failed
19th try: got in-game for 30 mins and still going rn

1 Like

Same here. Two other clan members are affected also :frowning:

[2023.02.25-10.08.20:547][686]LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: VerifyIdentity Failed: Request Timeout or null response
[2023.02.25-10.08.20:562][686]LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: VerifyIdentity Failed:
[2023.02.25-10.12.06:515][815]LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: VerifyIdentity Failed: Request Timeout or null response
[2023.02.25-10.12.06:530][815]LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: VerifyIdentity Failed:
[2023.02.25-10.13.18:883][394]LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: VerifyIdentity Failed: Request Timeout or null response
[2023.02.25-10.13.18:895][394]LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: VerifyIdentity Failed:

Having the same problem

it is 100% battle eye

no battle eye is not the problem
I turned it off on my root and got the same error

Are the devs silent on this? I would have expected a dev update by now, it has been 10 hours. At least them acknowledging the issue and that it is being worked on.

I think most of the problems come from hosting. The servers there are frankly weak and often fall, moreover, they do not have an emergency team that can pick them up again if it happened at night.

The only solution for the moment is to try to connect until we can get in.
For me it works in less than 10 tries. But maybe I’m lucky.

If anyone doubts that the main reason for this is the company providing servers, then tell me why all server crashes, global login errors and other problems occur when servers are restarted at night. No one controls this process for them, if the servers fell at night, they will lie down until the employees come to work. You have entered a donation, a pass, a bazaar. People buy, you earn, give us normal servers already.

P.S at least with round-the-clock server support. And not just daytime.

Dear @Mayra @Funcom !
Can you write as about the current situation? Are you working on solving the problem? What activities are currently taking place?

I know it’s Saturday, relaxation time… but thousands of players are waiting for your answer.

Regards

Players you can try:

1. Connect by direct IP
  2. Try fix “Steam error code 84” (few players on my servers did it and can play)
  3. Just wait on official fix.

I am fairly new to the game and was playing earlier yesterday with no problem. Now I can’t even get on the server because I keep getting the (Failure Received Authentication failed) message.

Hello, I’m not one to cry but I can’t get to my server because of authentication errors sorry that’s a nogo I paid money for the game including all DLC, which I really enjoyed doing, I have the, game is fun but the errors are occurred in the last few weeks annoying animal man gets the message Connection to Funcom currently not possible no access to DLC or pass items and now I can’t get on my server, for which I also pay money and I have the weekend and want to gamble