Getting a lot of Authentication Failed errors

People on our servers have been getting this a lot in the past week or so, and it’s seems to be getting worse by the day. Just wonder if anyone else has been seeing it, or if it’s just us.

And what is it trying to authenticate that failing exactly? Curious if it’s a FC issue, Steam issue or mod issue.

25 Likes

Made an account to post this, but I’m currently experiencing the same on my Server. I can’t log in and neither can my friend, comes up with “Authentication Failed” in game, and this is the error on the server:

LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steam API disabled!
LogOnline:Display: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown()
LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: VerifyIdentity Failed: Request Timeout or null response
002b:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"VerifyIdentity Failed: Request Timeout or null response"
LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: VerifyIdentity Failed:

3 Likes

Yup, there is about 6 of us now who can’t get in. No idea what’s happening. Can’t tell if it’s us, the game, Steam, cosmic flares or if Cthulhu finally woke his ass up and is mad, but something isn’t right.

3 Likes

Our dedicated just started doing this to us tonight. hosted on ping perfect. Logs say “unknown country” and “player unknown” and various other things that don’t look right

2 Likes

To maybe add more to this, I spun up a new server and I still have the same issue.

EDIT: Also tried disabling VAC, and changed the server region in ServerSettitngs.ini and still having issues.

3 Likes

Several of our players are experiencing the same issue. Server is running and some people are able to get on, others are getting Authentication failed. So far it’s a mix of all Steam users, some can connect and others cannot.

2 Likes

Same here. Lotta people not having issues, the other are.

1 Like

Happening here as well on every server I try. Was fine earlier today. Now nothing.

1 Like

Same here on Both my servers, and my PC will not connect to any server.

1 Like

its on all types of servers, so about all of them. Bug posted but dunno if it be faster with twitter pings

1 Like

The fact it’s happening randomly is what is making it difficult to pinpoint what is causing it. For a while, we were able to fix it by rebooting our PC, now that isn’t always working.

1 Like

So this was an old problem, learned that from browsing the forums, Funcom eventually fixed and it was a backend issue. It is random, it is effecting both private and official server users, it doesnt seem to be related to VAC or battle eye or any mods for the game. So, thats what Ive learned so far, share the news and get these @Community managers on it.

2 Likes

Ok, after verifying files again, rebooting PC, still can’t login to our private server. So I tried logging into a different private server, same issue. I finally tried logging in to my official server 6107, same issue.

There is definitely a widespread problem with this Authentication Error, whether it’s Steam or Funcom.

2 Likes

Ohh and the only solution Ive had for it is reinstalling the game, BUT some friends whove had the issue have reinstalled and it did not fix…its a rather random bug, and through testing different solutions I have ruled out that it seems to be on our end, this is a funcom issue, unfortunate because we have to wait but it is what it is for now.

1 Like

I did spin up a new serverand had the same issues on a bare-bones vanilla server. I’m with you in thinking this is an authentication server/Funcom issue.

2 Likes

Unfortunately for me, it would take more than a day to redownload and install Conan and all the mods. I’ve tried everything else, but I’m not going to spend 24+ hours reinstalling the game on the hopes and dreams that it might work, lol.

More than likely, perhaps 99%, this is an issue on Funcoms end.

3 Likes

Weve troubleshoot just about any issue it could be on our end at this point in the community. For anyone whos made it this far in the threads, now we have to wait to hear from the @Moderator @Community .

Thank you all for trying everything you could.

2 Likes

Agreed, reinstalling isnt a sustainable fix.

The admins for our server work all week and finally had a weekend off to play and this happens. Hopefully we get something happening before Monday.

3 Likes

Oh boy…

Maybe we should make more content for the game and not fix it. Maybe we should make another battlepass for the 1000 to 2000 people that even play still… but lets not fix our servers, meshing, glitching through walls to loot, climbing, and sooooo many more issues.

If you would of just listen to the community your game would be much healthlier than it is.

6 Likes