Giving to the Dismantling Benches: PLEASE Correct/Revert

At this point I am not certain if this is a bug or an intended change. But it used to be that when we were inside the menu of the dismantling bench or the improved dismantling bench, and we pressed the ‘give’ command on an intended item, it would automatically be moved to the upper ‘dismantle’ bar of its inventory. Conversely, doing so now moves the intended item to the lower ‘inventory’ bars instead (the one which items that have already been diamantled would be moved to). Now instead we must manually press the ‘select’ button on each item we wish to dismantle in our own inventories to hilight the item we desire to dismantle, then scroll over to an empty square on the upper ‘dismantle’ bar in the benches inventory, then press the ‘select’ button again to place it down there. The issue with this is that when we have many items to put through the dismantling bench, it becomes a rather tedious and laborious job clicking every single item from one inventory to the other in order to ensure the item is placed in its intended destination.

From a Quality of Life and a time sink perspective, this is a regression of the dismantling benches functionality. I would like to politely request that either I) this bug be fixed or that II) this intended change please be reverted.

5 Likes

I play on PS5, and it’s always put things in the lower inventory instead of the actual dismantling bar at the top when I use the give command. I thought that was how it was supposed to work, until I watched a PC player streaming a while back and saw his go directly to the spots to dismantle. I hope it’s not supposed to work the way it is now for you (and always for me), because it takes so much time to do it one by one.

2 Likes

No as your observation from the stream revealed Orbizart, it has not always been the way it is now. In fact the current way is rather recent ohenomenon. It was so much better beforehand. As a Playstation player myself, we used to simply press R2 on the itwm we wanted to dismantle, and it was autmatically transferred to to where it needed to go in the upper ‘dismantle’ bar. Easy and efficient. And I do kindly hope you get to experience this method if/when it returns. :yum:

I started playing at the tail end of Age of Sorcery, but of course, didn’t have the bench right away. I finally built one shortly after War started, and it’s worked the way it does now from the get go. Maybe Age of War broke it? Were you seeing this problem before that update?

It’s really irritating. I’ve got a chest by mine that I dump stuff into, and when I’m standing around waiting for leather to process or whatever I fuss with it, but man, it’s tedious putting things in one at a time.

1 Like

With the recycler you used to just open the menu, double click the item and it would go in to be recycled.
Then they did funcom; broke the recycler fixing something else.
They just changed it back. Which has saved me lots of drag and drop time.

The only time I use “give” or “give all” is when something is full and I’m stacking same items/mats.

I have a question though :stuck_out_tongue: If you’re a playstation player, why are you posting in the public beta section? Seeing as there’s no public beta to playstations.
I obviously don’t mean that you shouldn’t or in any way trying to police your actions, I’m just surprised by it hehe :slight_smile:

The other reason why I’m particularly wondering why you posted it in the beta section, is that had you tried the beta, you would know that this change has already been reverted there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you download the beta client?

Because if you did , you will see both dismantler benches work they way they were originally intended.

Double click an item and it goes into the upper dismantle area.

1 Like

There are two reasons, both are relatively unremarkable. The first was to serve as a reminder of sorts to the team, and had it not been fixed as of the current testlive, to hopefully do so before Chapter 2 goes live. The second was as simple as the testlive section (or public beta client) was the only one I had not yet to start a topic for, so I thought I would. Call me an odd fellow if you will.

Outstanding news! In that case, I see no reason to prolong this thread any further. Resolved.

1 Like

Are you able to drop thralls into their appropriate spots now as well?

Also, unrelated, but I know you’re pretty big on dissecting the mechanics of the game, so would you be so kind as to assist in a follow up to my question about demolishers?

1 Like

I haven’t checked that one yet :slight_smile: Will check the next time I load the game

2 Likes

Thank you!

Okay, I just tried it, thralls still seem to go into the regular bench inventory when quick-transfered and not the designated thrall slot

1 Like

Ew… gross. :unamused: thanks for checking though!

if you can address that other question, that would be awesome! In the appropriate topic of course.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.