Golems Can Still Harvest While on Guarding Mode

Despite Funcom announcing on the dev stream that Golems could only harvest while following the player and that they were going to potentially have Golems be able to harvest while in other modes, on singleplayer mode the Golems do currently continue to harvest resources once place on guard, and will sometimes wander so far from their original post, that they enter “Returning Home” status.

Have not tested on live servers. Interested to see if others have had the same experience.

Also, one of my golems broke so that it would only harvest one node, and then require a command input before it would search for another node. It did not seem to have this issue when guarding, though. In guarding it continuously searched for new nodes to harvest.

1 Like

This is not a bug -its a feature. Looks cool for me. At least game look more alive, when NPC roaming around and doing stuff.
You can prevent this just remove resource from their inventory, and they are going to stand still like a normal guard.
If you want them roaming around while guarding (i believe they have limited radius, but we should test it with different thrall behavior options like chase distance and etc) just give them back what you want them to gather.
So there is no problem at all, at least in this particular case.

Btw i love this feature so much, because only then, golems look like actual automatons, mindless souless machines, slowly creeping around doing their stuff. When golems on following they just sprinting around like ordinary human thralls, all uncanny magic is gone.

SO PLS Funcom - DO NOT remove this feature!

(Problem is golem gonna break after some time with only 20 hp left (bug)).

1 Like

Hi @Kacey and thank you for pointing this out.

I’m not a designer so just to be safe, I’ve passed this information over to the rest of the team for further investigation :bowing_woman:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.