Have armor racks/stands been considered yet?

Have armor racks/stands been considered yet?

1 Like

Yes, they have. As of the last time they talked about them, itā€™s a no-go:

Hopefully, that might change in the future. In the mean time, private servers can enjoy the Fashionist mod, which brings armor stands to Conan Exiles.

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Was that the time they said something to the effect of ā€œweā€™d like to, sort of, but not very muchā€ ? Or have they addressed since? I miss most of the streams due to the timing coinciding with me stuck in traffic (last Friday was the first time I caught one live!).

I was referring to the developer stream they did on April 30th of this year. I donā€™t know if theyā€™ve addressed it again since then, but thatā€™s the last mention of it that I personally remember. Hereā€™s the relevant excerpt from Multigunā€™s recap:

1 Like

Cheers. Yeah I think itā€™s safe to consider that one ā€˜deadā€™.

Shame. Iā€™d really like this feature. Also Thralls that open the gates for you when you approach.

4 Likes

I have a controversial idea which I am going to put forth here. Would it be feisable for Funcom to add in Armor Display Manequinns, but make it so that they may only be obtained by spawning them in using the Admin Panel? This way private servers and singleplayer modes could still use them, and be responsible for their own server performance. While official servers would not see a performance drop as a result of abuse or spamming. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

Sounds like it would satisfy both sides, I like it

2 Likes

Thanks ProgoliniYoga. Lets see how the feedback looks.

1 Like

It would be great if they did that, but Iā€™m not gonna hold my breath for that change. Iā€™m sorry if that sounds negative, but itā€™s just that Iā€™ve known too many managers (and a few game dev producers) to have high hopes for a change that wouldnā€™t be active by default.

Nevertheless, Iā€™d love to see it happen :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Not negative CodeMage, it is just being realistic. I also doubt that it would come to pass, largely for the reasons you outlined. Just thought I would leave them with some food for thought. But it would be nice to see them flourish on private servers. After all those of us with Admin access already enjoy certain features which others on officials do not. For example, being able to utiliseladagara daughter of ymir and Razma of Shem as thralls, Joelā€™s unique RP items he made for us (eg-bronze coins, volcanic plants, coloured crystal), the now removed Potion of Lost Souls, and the ability to battle the Mummy of the Ring.

1 Like

Well, for things you only want in SP/Private servers, mods are a thing. Granted, itā€™s far from a perfect solution, since they require updating after every patch etc, but I also donā€™t see FC spending dev time on something that wouldnā€™t actually be part of the ā€œregularā€ experience (Official servers).

Of course people are just using Thralls as ā€œarmor dummiesā€ and you canā€™t convince me thatā€™s not 10x worse for server/client performance in every way, but as the wise men say: it is what it is.

1 Like

It is not a matter of ā€˜wantā€™ Mikey. I dont really want to see them restricted to private servers and singleplayer, but it is a compromise of sorts. Mods are simply not the answer, as they not available on 2 out of the 3 platforms that this game is available on. So for around ~ two-thirds of the pkayerbase, we can not access them. For consoles players our options are take what Funcom includes in the gameā€¦that is it. There is zero recourse available to us. So hence I have suggested this so that we dont have to miss out entirely. Hypothetically speaking if they did add them to the Admin Panel, ANY single existing player could still use them by starting a Singleplayer game. That isnt even taking private servers into account.

1 Like

They could also just limit how many a clan/player is allowed to have on officials :slight_smile: If that is something the game engine allows?

1 Like

It should be very easy to do if it doesnā€™t allow for it already, but Funcom doesnā€™t want to impose hard limits on building (which I understand, at this point thatā€™d be a massive change).

1 Like

Yeah, no I got what you were saying.

What I meant was ā€œif the solution is to only have them in SP/Private servers, then itā€™s no solution at allā€.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.