How do I remove/change the command key?

This has been my issue more then any other. I love this game…I fat-finger the ` key more in this game then I ever knew that I did. I honestly never knew that it was a thing for me and I don’t even know how I’m doing it half the time. I assume my pinky is sliding across the tab and hitting it. My keyboard is sensitive but holy crap I just need to remove the usefullness of this keybinding.

I can (remove the command key, lol I would still probably hit the post the key sits on) how do I remove it’s affect on gameplay. I couldn’t find it in the keybindings tab.

There are a lot of keybinds that can be modified only via the .ini files themselves. On my PC, most of my keybindings can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini

However, it looks like there is some unique syntax where the Console key is concerned. For that, you might need to actually inspect the default keybinding file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Config\DefaultInput.ini

Upon searching on “Console” you’ll probably find something like this at the bottom:

ConsoleKey=None
-ConsoleKeys=Tilde
-ConsoleKeys=None
-ConsoleKeys=Insert
+ConsoleKeys=Tilde
+ConsoleKeys=None
+ConsoleKeys=Insert

I’d first save a backup copy of the DefaultInput.ini file, and then see what happens when you remove the lines referencing the Tilde key (tilde being the name for the ` character).

Good luck, and let us know if this ends up working or not!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.