How to turn off the 'player list' on a server?

We’re working on setting up a server, and I’m trying to find the option to toggle off the player list capability so that people cannot see other players’ steam names. I tried the ShowPlayers option in the console but that doesn’t seem to change anything, and I can’t find any other options through googling. We are using the pippi mod if that has an option as well.

Can someone help?

first one on gportal.
VocalVisibilityDurationMinutes–0
Cooldown option to make players invisible in the player list after chat or voice activity (in minutes). Numbers below 1 disable this option.

2nd one on gportal.
VocalVisibilityDurationInMinutes–0
Cooldown option to make players invisible in the player list after chat or voice activity (in minutes). Numbers below 1 disable this option.

Basically how long they show up in list if they speak. I think it will reset if they keep speaking, not sure. Never actually tested all the ins and outs of the settings. It is in 2 places, so set them to the same. Do not know why they are in 2 spots. One may not be active, but have not tested which one. But they do work.

If you are not using a provider, i am sure someone can help you find these 2 settings in the ini txt file. That is more than likely where you will need to adjust the numbers.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

So if I’m reading correctly, putting that value at 0 means they’re always visible. I tested it some and that does seem to be the case. We have people online who haven’t chatted period and they’re visible in the list to non-admins. And putting it at, say 1, means that on an RP server, people are always going to be showing up on there if they’re chatting somewhere within the past minute. Is there a way in the config files to just shut it off entirely, period? I looked through the server ini file and didn’t see an option, but I’m hoping maybe there’s a hidden config that can be added to the ini?

I think it means when they talk, they will be visible for 1 minute. If they did not talk during that minute, they will disappear again.

I see your issue, you want them hidden at all times. I will look thru g-portal again to see if there is an on off switch i may have missed.

Yes, hidden at all times. And I know it’s possible, I’ve seen servers that do it. Unfortunately, those servers are also of the “Our ways are secret we won’t help others” variety.

I really appreciate your help.

1 Like

This is the only other settting i could find.
ServerVoiceChat=0
Select if the server should have an in-game voice chat or not.
0 is off, 1 is on.

Do not think this is it though.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.