In Game Moderation after 3.0

We’re all soooooo quick to declare that this or that doesn’t take much time or effort. Hell, I often do that, too.

True, it doesn’t take much time or effort to just bash out a post. I mean, just look at how much I write on these forums :laughing:

But let me try explaining this differently: it doesn’t take much time or effort to bash out a quick Python script to do something simple, but it takes a lot more to turn it into a tool that others can use.

I see the same sentiment pop up when it comes to game features: “If modders can do X, why can’t Funcom? They’re just lazy.” No, they’re not, they simply have more to account for.

Sure, maybe it’s not too hard to write an answer to a question. But you not only have to be careful with how you phrase it if you’re supposed to represent a whole freaking company, you also have to pay extra attention to the replies, just in case some knucklehead managed to misinterpret something – often deliberately – in ways that can damage the company.

Also, we’re talking about a handful of people who have a shіtload of stuff to do apart from hanging out on the forums.

Oh, and all of the above was under the assumption that it doesn’t take that much time or effort to send someone to make the kind of post people are asking for. I don’t think that the last clarification post we’ve seen was trivial to make.