"Initiating a early shutdown since there are no player connected" when I have 8 players online

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Other
Server type: PVP
Region: EU
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

The server Rcon isn’t broadcasting the restart messages but instead is restarting at 5.30 instead of announcing “30mins until restart.”

The server then throws out a message saying “Initiating a early shutdown since there are no player connected.” Even though we have 8 players connected.

In order to stablize our ping we had to disabled the “logserverstats” as players ping would shoot up to the 300’s

Installed Mods:

Pippi
Mod Control Panel
Dungeon Master Tools
Hosav’s Custom UI Mod
Warrior Mutator
Barbarian Barber
Akuba Salon
Immersive Armor
Fashionist
InkArt
RA: Fantasy Extension
RA: Character Creation
Shadows of Skelos - Extended
Savage Steel
Savage Steel vol 2
Ancient Civilization
Grim productions
Outfit Manager
Exiles Extreme
The Age of Calamitous
Beyond Stations
Stacksize Plus
Less Building Placement restrictions
Devious Desires
Roleplay Redux
Improved Quality of Life
Dangerious Exiles AHDS: Alternative health and Death Syestem
Ravencrest Couriers
Nocturnal Gods: Clothing and Accessories
CarryMod
Rp Notes
MultiChar
Expanded Map - Curse Wall Removal

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1.) Play on server until restart.
2.) Have server restart with rcon enabled and passworded.

Before someone writes “take it to the server admins”

I’m one of the server devs looking for help.

How are you hosting the server? Could it be that you have set it up wrongly.

Alternatively, could it be that the server relies on the log information to detect the player count which results in the early restarts?

1 Like

Are you also the host, iow the actual server hardware owner?
Are you using the dedicated server launcher provided by FC?

And I hate to say this but before you do anything you should try without mods, then you can tell if the problem is caused by a mod. If it is a mod, load them back a few or one at a time to eliminate the one giving issues.

I run a private server, with mods on my own hardware (older computer) and the Dedicated server launcher, I have no issues. But I am using much fewer mods.

1 Like

I just loaded the LogServerStats=off as well and I assume you are using the dedi launcher because I believe @Toolguy implemented the early shutdown around version 1.5.7. Its probably the logging being turned off that’s causing your issue and there is a bug report about the periodic lag (possibly the eldritch workstations per another users report). You can kill the dedi launcher without killing the server so you could try that first.

2 Likes

Yeah, I will give that a try, it’s a pain in the arse as the logging being turned off is the only fix for the lag.
I had a hunch it might have been that, but I wanted to get second opinions before I did anything.

We already tried that and had the same problems. We are midway through a season, I know how to remove mods safely. However, it still comes with a small risk of data corruption, as well as players having to rebuild.

Next season, we will be cutting the mods by half.

1 Like

Yeah, you can’t use the Dedicated Server Launcher if you disable the logging, because the tool uses what the server prints out to find what happens (when the server is ready, players joining, etc…).
That being said, you can use the command line field to exclude sections of the logs by putting the verbosity to zero, so disable what spams and slows down your server, but make sure you keep the important stuff.

Specifically, the number of players is detected this way:

LogServerStats: Sending report: exiles-stats?players=0

The server being started when this appears:

WorldPersistenceDone

I will give this a try! Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.