It's pain in the neck to harvest bark

I did not know this, thanks for that. I do love the swamp area though, going there for bark and vines is worth it for the scenery.

@ExNihiloish No, I don’t conveniently ignore such logic, it’s just that bark shouldn’t be a hassle to harvest if you can get it from every tree. It doesn’t make sense. If bark is a common resource to get and to use, then why is it so limited in harvesting? I would and will travel to get the more higher tier materials, because that makes sense and that they should be in very specific locations. Bark on the other hand can be harvested from every tree and little more from dry dead trees. If Funcom is going to keep the harvest of bark limited even though it is a common resource, then their should be other ways to obtain it or tools. Besides, the pic works just as well a pickax when it comes to harvesting bark. All the pickax does is just makes it so you don’t have to switch to a hatchet or pic to harvest things. It’s just a convenience tool.

That’s the consequence of your base location choice. Base locations have pros and cons
 bark is easy to get in many places, and it appears your base location is not one of them. Having access to all resources all over the map does not make for a very good game.

Yes you need to have several basses al over the map, not just for resourses but alos spred the risk when raided.

If we have a fast mount that can travel across the entire map in just 5-10 minutes top, building anywhere on the map would be no problem at all because we can just hop onto the mount and begin to gather whatever we want.

In ark we have flyers and gliders that can also act as a packmule (some slower with better weight or faster with lower weight), so even though I need to gather materials on the other side of the world, it’s no problem at all. It’s one trip every now and then and can last for a few times of when needed.

We will see when mount feature arrives later, I hope it’s as fast as expected. I can’t imagine playing the game without the current climbing system lol, that’d be really painful, luckily I just joined the game so it’s less painful and mount is coming.

I have solution how to permanently solve your bark issues. Get a dog :wink:

I completely agree with this statement.

I usually go into a forest in mounds/Dirgewood (Obsidian pick is obtainable at 50, and 50 is easy to reach). Getting tar with bark is not an issue, getting tar from coal is inefficient and slow, making insulated wood is usually the issue. Having thralls for dryers would most likely fix the bark issues, but it would still not fix hatchets being useless. If carpenters from purge had bark recipe instead of branches, that would fix all of the bark issues and it would most likely make hatchets viable (maybe bark should be default recipe for all carpenters)
Another issue with bark is game balancing and everyone is building insulated buildings everywhere, even at volcano. It is not just a brick issue, it is also temperature system issue. Temperatures are not punishing at all and bricks need eternity to be made even with T4 smelters.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.