Legendary chests no longer next to World Bosses

My face when FUNCOM announces I will have to spend 10 more minutes (to get to the nearest dungeon and then back to my base) to open 3 legendary chests to retrieve 3 Akbitanan throwing knifes

3 Likes

Bad decision, at least reckless…
accessibility of LEG weapons was blessing, players could use or recycle it for starmetal which helps alot midgame
now you know what will happen? dozens of players swarming Dreggs and other short* dungeons in the way to farm the Legs…

Sure. Artists can make art out of ASCII symbols. That doesn’t mean games should still use ASCII graphics.

I’m reasonably certain that Conan Exiles would’ve been a lot less popular if it utilized 1980s-style video game graphics.

But that’s a digression from the topic.
Like many, I’m worried that if the RNG element of chests isn’t addressed, this change will only add to the frustration of many players. Me, I’m not bothered by needing to work for my rewards if I can expect a reasonable reward for my troubles. Getting a random legendary item from a pushover spider is not reasonable, because it could yield the best weapon in the game. Going through the Wine cellar isn’t reasonable, because it could amount to no reward.

So. I think world bosses should have loot that matches their difficulty. If it’s a key to getting a legendary, that’s fine. But the difficulty of the rest of the trip, ie. the dungeon, should compare to the value of what’s at the end. And value naturally depends on playstyle. A player who prefers close combat and has invested in Strength doesn’t want a bow, so even a very good bow has little value to him, and as such, is an inadequate reward for hard work.

Maybe dungeon ends should have different chests for Strength weapons, Agility weapons, Shooting weapons and Protective items. Then you could use your key or whatever to open whichever category you prefer and get an item of at least some worth to you.

4 Likes

I saw more people proposing legendary creatures to be immunte to stone weapons.
I suggested this exact thing months ago, and no one gave a shit. But now that others said the exact same… Which has nothing to do with the opening post… Suddenly a nice discussion about it. “Weird.”

But anywaaaays, I still support this idea.

2 Likes

:handshake: :golfclap:
You’ve said it all, but unfortunately I don’t see this happening :notlikethis:

Maybe I wasn’t there to throw oil on the fire :fire: :thisisfine: :fire: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think the weapons you are referring to are not tagged as Legendary, but something else.
I was breaking down some surplus Legendaries in the Dismantling bench the other day, and I noticed when I put the hooked sword in Bench, it did not break down.
It was at this point I noticed the colored border for that weapon is different than the other Legendary weapons.
I did a little looking at Wiki, and it seems that some of the weapons found in chests that do not require keys are tagged as Unique, not Legendary.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right!
Hooked Sword - Official Conan Exiles Wiki (fandom.com)
And they were heavily nerfed.

2 Likes

Legendary weapons that you obtain from boss drops i believe you cannot dismantle them. I even find a plain iron sword that you take it if you kill a particular fighter in Den. It’s an iron sword with legendary sign only :rofl:, still you cannot dismantle it.

1 Like

I also once thought so, but now I have changed my mind and generally attitude towards legendary weapons. What is a legendary weapon? It differs from the rest only in that it has an interesting history and legend in its background. There are very few magical things among them. As a rule, these are old weapons, once forged by blacksmiths from ordinary materials, it just got into adventure and was remembered by people. This is such an old coin that is valuable for its rarity, and not for being made of gold. There is even a ‘pair of stone daggers’ (can’t remember the exact name), and if so, they should disintegrate into stones. IMHO.

1 Like

It sounds like “at the end of the dungeons” was a default pick. I feel something more creative. Maybe it was the durability discussion from the dev stream.

1 Like

I don’t know why I’m lagging, but you can see the boss is not “hard” really…
The difficult part is dodging the regular slap when you’re lagging, that’s it.

No it’s not a full fight because I can’t seem to record it without lagging a bit, which is the only thing actually killing me :notlikethis:

Anyway, the point really is that the movesets are only threatening when you do not know them.
Then, everything becomes easy (aside from lag, of course :slight_smile:)

Pre-Age of War, you had to use a shield for some enemies because dodging cost too much stamina (by that I mean that stamina wasn’t free due to insane stamina regen).
For instance, the Giant Snake is super easy, as long as you have a shield, because it’s block + attack then repeat.
Now everything can be poke and roll, dodge and attack, even that fully homing Snake attack :thonk:

Yes, it takes a bit of “skill” to time your dodge appropriately and to react fast enough to some attacks, like Rotbranch slapping your face, but it does not require massive skill, and it is no great feat to solo any boss in this game. It is just okay-ish, you’ve learnt to dodge and read telegraphed attacks :golfclap:

The point i am making is that the devs have what they have to use on CE. To say they can’t be creative with that tool is a cop out. They aren’t getting a better tool. To give them an out for not being creative is to say why even continue developement then.

2 Likes

You also cannot dismantle the hardened steel weapons you get from world boss drops.

2 Likes

Thanks a million @thurgond :metal:

That would be a very good change. The lottery is fun and all but not when you have very specific preferences

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.