Legendary chests no longer next to World Bosses

Continuing the discussion from Public Beta Client - Age of War Chapter 2:

I would have prefered tougher bosses with better AI, but this is a solution I don’t mind.
Finally.

1 Like

Yes, it has logic beyond and i respect that. It will surely harm the speed runs of this game, but it’s a correct move. Now, when you start your game, it won’t be that easy to gain legendary weapons from the very beginning. So you’ll have to do 2 choices.
Either you start regularly progression, either you go and obtain the watchers blade and risk a dungeon. But will it be a risk, and which dungeons they speak about?
For example if black keep, or the Arena (star of the champion) are considered dungeons it won’t be that hard, since you can only run these dungeons without consequences. An experienced player can even run the wine cellar without getting in trouble.
If they really want to make it fair, kill the bosses and then the chests will appear, not like Siptah and vaults.
I know many won’t like it, but that’s challenging, the end of dungeons is just relocation, nothing else! Connect the legendary spawns with the bosses of each dungeon!

Ps. Welcome back brother :metal:

4 Likes

There is another option, old and tried: go to Brut and knock out the Predators Blade from him. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s glitched? I didn’t knew!!! Really? Omg that’s bad, it must be fixed!

I’m sorry if I put it wrong, English is not my language… I meant to get the Predator Blade from Brut.

2 Likes

Oh, ok my dearest friend, no problem at all, i suffer “English” issues too :rofl:, worry not. I am the last person you need to apologize in here about this :metal:.
Brute is hard to be your very first boss and the rng for predatory blade is humongous.
The best shot is to take the watchers blade and go to warmakers. The priests have 100% drop on legendary weapons :man_shrugging:. Later on i will test how fast you can do this, my daughter now wants me to cook for her :laughing:, see you in an hour i believe :wink:.

2 Likes

Most likely this.

2 Likes

Perhaps this is the fastest way … but I was most comfortable after level 20 to go to Sepermeru. There I found Lissa or Mandugai… then we went to Brut… and very quickly (no more than 10 encounters) we got the Predator Blade. After that the game was done. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You don’t go to the Brute at level 10 with a stone weapon, @Teng :smile:
Keep in mind tha UC bosses weapon drops aren’t guaranteed.

2 Likes

In fact, he is not so strong, and his chance of dropping Predators Blade is an order of magnitude higher than other legendary weapons from other bosses there. Twice I actually received it at the first meeting with Brut))

1 Like

We won’t have chests of kegendaries to equip thralls that easily now either.
I feel we will have to actually work a little to equip our army and probably we will have to craft weapons early game, as it should be.

2 Likes

I would say this is a step in the right direction. But I dunno about the world bosses still dropping keys. Like on paper it seems ok. You get some key and then you go to the dungeon. But I kind of feel like these bosses should be divorced from the whole legendary progression entirely.

Move the keys to some optional bosses and leave the big animals and beasts to dropping rare resources used in crafting or what not.

Moving the chests however was definitely the right thing to do.

2 Likes

I didn’t know they still dropped keys…
Because you can just run through most dungeons. They should give other kind of loot. Otherwise it’s still easy.

1 Like

Anyway, definitely a step in the right direction. They could have taken it a little further and made final dungeon bosses drop the legendaries instead of having chests. That would pose a challenge.

1 Like

I wonder if the legendary sword with a hook and the whale’s hammer can still be found in a chest near the Den? They were stronger than Watсhers Blade.

1 Like

World bosses drop skeleton keys and a hardened steel weapon. In fact, the white dragon in the Frost Temple drops a key now.

Of course, in the Exiled Lands, you can still farm blood crystals, wait for Momentum to come up, and equip an army of thralls with the best legendary weapon without doing any dungeon.

2 Likes

Oh you speak about thralls. Yes this is definitely a good option! But still, this will take you at least 3 hours before you get any legendary in your hands .
Let me see how much time it takes to gain watchers blade and warmakers for a priest.

1 Like

Depends though…
If there is a legendary chest in The Dregs for instance, that’s just an extra step without much difficulty.

1 Like

I wonder what the loot tables for those chests are like. Are we still getting the same mishmash as before, or do certain weapons now have a better chance to drop from certain chests?

3 Likes

Or witch queen :man_shrugging:, true!
Still, normally playing without a rush at all, i farmed some aloes and s…t in the starting river, raid the shulkers end to gain a Darfari armor and weapons, after 30 minutes max i had this

Then i enter the warmakers, until i reach the priest i went lvl 20, you just cannot avoid some fights in there, it’s not wise

After 5 minutes of fighting i took this

Of course it’s rng, you may get a bow or a shield, but still watchers blade can get you in every single fight with good chances no matter your lvl.
So for a veteran player, nothing really changes so much, he - she will still be able to skip normal progression. But for new players however, a lot of things will change now. They will have to go to the normal progression way, it will be a mandatory for them. For this reason only i really like this decision!

1 Like