Removing legendary weapons from worlds bosses is a bad idea

This change is going to make world bosses feel redundant without the chests to loot. And make people farm the quickest easiest dungeons to get legendarys.

If you remove the chests, then the world bosses need to drop the legendary weapons instead.

1 Like

You can’t open the legendary chests in the dungeons without the skeleton keys from the world bosses. Some dungeons have up to 6 legendary chests at the end, so farm some bosses and spend all your keys at once.

2 Likes

They simply copied the vault system from Siptah. Just that you do not only have to run the vaults/dungeons first to open up that chests, you need to kill the world bosses in order to do so.

To gate legendary chests behind dungeons is another lame attempt to stop people from abusing the bosses. But in the end not much will change, because its absolutely not hard to kill most bosses in this game. Its just more time consuming now. Its once more more benefical for them as people will spend more time playing because it takes them longer to farm those items then it is a fix for the abuse.

Have put 140hrs in Remnant II since its release and I play on second highest difficulty. We die at least 3 to 5 times before we manage to kill one boss. One wrong dogde or heal too late and you are toast. Every boss is a challenge without getting boring in 10 seconds. You need to find out their weekspots. You have to hit them there or else you won´t deal much damage. They are even able to call in other mobs and bosses. This are bosses I personally see as bosses, not what we got in Conan Exiles.

I am sorry to say this, but I am tired of all that lazy attempts of Funcom to fix stuff that is broken without real fixing.

1 Like

Farm them now, remember it’s ok to wall off or block bosses now.

1 Like

Nope IOS is set like this as well.

Get the key off the world boss and go into the dungeons to get legendaries.

Some of the bosses will have a chance on their own to drop legendaries as well.

The loot in dungeons have also been upgraded.

This is a good change.

It wont matter now since you cant block dungeons.

No spoliers but lets just say all the extra keys i have , they are going to be used up

Well, mostly, but IoS also has legendary boxes around the central tower, too. If they have legendary boxes in the dungeons AND someplace dangerous such as the Unnamed City or Temple of Frost that don’t require an instanced dungeon to get to, then I’d agree that its a good change. But only at the end of dungeons on the Exiled Lands… I don’t know if I like that.

On the Savage Wilds map, it was like that from the very beginning.

If you already have the inner sanctum key you can get to the 6 at the end of the warmaker’s dungeon without fighting a single monster.

Your missing out on loot. i ran it in beta and ALL undead drop loot in warmakers, not just steel bars or nothing .

Furthermore the armor scraps are needed to make elite gear youll need on your thralls for a purge.

I did 4 level 10 purges. Your thralls are dead without elite gear and even then they will still die if they get surrounded.

I think moving the chests is a good idea, but will have to see where the chests are before final judgement.

The only dungeon I’ve checked out is the Frost Temple. Figured The Disjunction was an underused area that previously had chests with junk. Now it has a black yeti that dropped a key right next to the one legendary chest in the room. Found several new chests that had appropriately black ice weapons. There was one new chest behind the white dragon who now drops a skeleton key. Bottom line, went in with zero keys, found enough keys to open both chests.

1 Like

I came into CE on the tail end of AoS, like…3 months before AoW went live IIRC. I think a lot of the changes are a net positive, and that’s as someone who prefers to play an Authority based build, once I adapted to the Thrall changes I liked it better (though still wish they’d tighten the gap between pets and Thralls).

I also don’t pvp as experience has taught me 2 things: 1) unless there is a lot of active effort to stop cheating, its just a good way to needlessly raise your blood pressure. 2) PvE and PvP are two very different beasts, no developer to date has managed to enhance one, without borking the other, and PvE is significantly easier to code for and profit from.

I was initially surprised and even disappointed that world bosses had legendary weapons in their loot boxes that were from the same table as anything in a dungeon, and IMHO far too easy for what one got from them. Chapter 2’s changes though, are more interesting and I’m pleased to see some elements of Siptah making its way into Exiled Lands (though I’ve not actually played Siptah, I’ve watched several Let’s Play vids and have a decent understanding of its differences).

I’ve kept up with most of the changes via Wak4863 channel, and what he’s shown me about the new purge system is the only thing so far that I think is going to actually flop. One of Wak’s subscribers posted a comment I thought was interesting, paraphrased below:

Lugging heroric treasures is more hassle than its worth and given it’s a survival game, instead of garbage loot most of us throw away, how about more recipes requiring non-grindy drops from certain spawns, areas, and dungeons like how one gets armor scraps? World Bosses could have gems for your treasurer. Add on to the Unnamed City by putting new lore appropriate content that function like Siptah vaults, where you can gather up pages to put together a tome that lets you summon named demons that are like named thralls with their own perk tables?

Besides named demon thralls (a idea I particularly like) there could also be recipes for crafted legendary items, putting star metal to good use with additional components harvested from the vault. Customization of properties like what stat it scales off of, or damage it buffs, health regen, lots of options there that would appeal to both PvE & PvP crowd. And if designing new vaults was of no interest, then adding in such recipes to existing dungeons would make revisiting them regularly worthwhile.

1 Like

You can absolutely get completely free mods when you come to Syahata A Bad Day APK

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.