Legendary Water & Wine skins

Shame there wasn’t a way to reclaim water from blood. It wouldn’t be perfect, but blood would be in ready supply.

A distiller would be nice. Where you heat the bottom liquid and the moisture evaporates up into the coil, to drip down.

Edit: In regards to your edit, given the prevalence of cacti used as water sources in TV and media, I think most players would accept it readily enough as real. Hell I didn’t know the difference until you mentioned it and I google’d it.

Spilling even! :joy:

A distiller would indeed be nice.

Something else than a spice grinder would also be great to grind gold and silver bars. It feels odd that one is used to grind bars even though the armament is anything, but suited for the job; the single reason why I had trouble finding gold and silver dust. Same thing with glass. I had an idea that the crystals may form glass in the furnace due to their structure, but I had to stumble upon them as a salt source (dropped all items to the oven accidentally and turned it on). I had no idea that the salt we eat is glass… Then again the term glass may not be so strict term here… or maybe the crystal structure isn’t all about glass. In case this is true, where does the residue go? :thinking:

Yeah, some more varied stations would be nice.

Silver, you find the best place down at the Jawbone in the far southwest. In my solo game I planned a little camp there. To refine the silver into coins and bars.

The best way to get crystal is Hanuman’s Grotto, southern most part of the map in roughly the center. My starter camp in solo was up near the river just north of that. It’s got GOBS of crystals. You can get stacks and stacks of them with no trouble at all.

And it’s not, not really. It’s just the way the game was designed.

I can get rock salt crystals being ground down into salt. But the same crystals becoming glass? They should have given us sand nodes to harvest, and stick sand into the smelter to make glass, the way it’s properly made.

The nodes could be purer sand that makes better glass, leaving the normal desert sand as too poor in quality.

Edit: Ah man…this just makes me cringe. From the Wikipedia page on Glass.

Glass is a non-crystalline

And we get glass from crystals in the game. >.> Oops.

Second Edit: This is the way the most common glass is made today.

The manufacturing process for soda–lime glass consists in melting the raw materials, which are the silica, soda, lime (in the form of (Ca(OH)2), dolomite (CaMg(CO3)2, which provides the magnesium oxide), and aluminium oxide; along with small quantities of fining agents (e.g., sodium sulfate (Na2SO4), sodium chloride (NaCl), etc.) in a glass furnace at temperatures locally up to 1675 °C.[6] The temperature is only limited by the quality of the furnace structure material and by the glass composition. Relatively inexpensive minerals such as trona, sand, and feldspar are usually used instead of pure chemicals. Green and brown bottles are obtained from raw materials containing iron oxide. The mix of raw materials is termed batch.

Thanks for the info. A good side in this genre is that the variety of variables in the games tend to grow far and wide, relatively. We shall see how it goes.

Good night :zzz:

haha this thread took on a life of it’s own! love seeing all the different ideas!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.