Long list of complaints

Do you know how to monitor and report temps for your various components? How to stress test with prime 95 and 3dmark? Do you use a custom fan profile for your GPU (if you don’t, you should). What’s your CPU fan? Power supply?

1 Like

even if oyu tell em that my rig coudl be at cause, i aint buying it.
main reason being : name me ANY game and i will run it no issues from vr to rig chewing games i can take it on but this one past medium setting it gets my pc to overheat and i am NOT the only one facing this problem. i had it tested 1 month after buying conan exiles and had many overheats and my right came out clean from the tests.

If you don’t want to troubleshoot at all and blame something else, that’s your choice. I asked the questions I had because I wasn’t sure of your tech skills and experience and needed to know before diving in. I won’t bother you further.

1 Like

There’s no way a 1070 should have problems running Conan. I have a 970 and it runs the same resolution with no complaints. Maybe its your CPU?

1 Like

would have gotten a tesla v100 but…

I use a 1080, factory built. Currently my GPU is running 38-42% with Chrome, CE, Excel and a few other minor apps. CE is mostly on high, with View at ultra and grass off (to see plants), but before all the talk about stuttering, it was straight ultra.

With the game in the forefront, it shows 57%. That’s now.

A few days ago I had task manager open for another reason and flipped through the performance tab and was shocked to see 88-92%. I only saw the high usage once, and I check my task manager right regular. Something was ‘amiss’ in CE, but just one time.

The GPU load is the second thing I check when I see stuttering in a game.

This is just for reference, but is the overheating constant, or intermittent?

only when i play above medium. other than that the game never turns my pc into a bonfire. thats why i say its weird.

i can play virtually anything at max settings and nothing happens but in exiles above mediuma nd i could probably makes the oven from hells kitchen look like toy r us tools

I play another game that has been around many years. If you are wandering in the wilds, it uses almost no resources, but get near a cluster of players homes, especially ones that have built up over the last 12 years and the fans kick into high gear. Every single little crafted object adds to the load.

So I wonder what your server is like? Is it a busy server with a ton of player structures, pets and thralls, packed into a local area? If you jump into a single player game and go out into the wilds, well away from your structures and pet/thrall army, how does your computer do with heat on ultra? This could give us a clue.

1 Like

server 1516

We are aware of some servers experiencing issues lately and we are currently investigating the cause for that.
Regarding bug #2 it does seem related to another issue we are currently investigating as well of being unable to harvest or damage entities during certain times in some servers.
Regarding performance issues, we are actively tracking this problem in this thread:

Any info you could provide that we asked in that thread would be highly valuable (including dxdiag and video feedback with stat unigraph enabled).
Regarding the overheating issues, that seems to point out to some issue with the system configuration, as @Multigun kindly pointed out.

And we do not ignore complaints nor feedback.

Happy new year.

A server card? lol Well, it might give you lower temperatures.

like i mentionned in another post… i can run any games you can think of. clean no overheat NOTHING, ff14 max setting, everquest 18 client max setting, wow 15 client max settings, eso 3 clients, im not that wealthy yet, max settings ARK, 7 days to die warframe fall out skyrim and skyrim hd all max setting for days and nothing happens BUT the moment iplay conan my Pc makes so much noise it sounds like someone pour a 6 pack of nitrous oxyde in every pieces of my pc.

also wich part of the dxdiag do you wish to see?

1 Like

1518 is down too. I did the hail set emote and Mitra shut it down.

Jokes aside I hope it resolves soon

1 Like

Its not problem only for you, you are not alone. This problems are here nonstop and long time but anyway can someone start talking about PC problem. I really dont understrand

I played Borderlands on my PS3 Phat the other night and it got so hot I had to open a window. When I play Rocksmith I need to turn on a cooling pad or my machine will turn into stylish plastic shards. :smiley:

It’s not uncommon for my game-testing notebook to hit 80C+ when I’m playing Conan Exiles at its best-max.

Bug 4 and 6 are not bugs.

With 4 it is a feature. Decay will take down a wheel of pain in about a day or so. What you should do is build nearly touching it, a structure made up of about 20 blocks. This will ensure it gets a full decay timer. Check with a repair hammer.

And with 6, it is entirely IMPOSSIBLE for a game to overheat a computer. All computer parts are designed from the factory to run at 100% capacity. Without any overclocks, your CPU/GPU will run at 100% and no more. The game FPS will simply be throttled when that occurs or other processes on the computer (if CPU limited).

What you’re having with 6 is a physical issue with your heatsinks where they might not be seated properly, may be dirty, or have restricted airflow. There might be a manufacturer defect or maldesign with the case (common in laptops) which causes a heat issue. Or it may not be a heat issue at all and you are drawing more power from the PSU than it is rated for (or it may be malfunctioning)

But to reiterate, it is absolutely impossible for a game to overheat a computer. What you are seeing is Conan Exiles is pushing your machines upper limits. And then the overheating problem which was already there is becoming evident. Its like a car with a radiator problem. If you just drive it in a driveway, sure it will never overheat. But will on an open highway.

1 Like

To be clear, if one overclocks and asks more of a game than his components can take, he might actually melt his system. So it’s important to emphasize temps above normal can cause permanent damage. Desolder is the most significant of the possible loss.

If you disable or disregard the heat warnings, you could fry your machine.

1 Like

i do not overclock since i do not know how and i do NOT wish to know.
also @taemien my pc never had any issue exept with conan exiles get this information through please as i am sick of repeating myself.

All that means is Conan Exiles is taxing your machine more than any game you’ve played before. Your parts should be able to handle it fine without issue unless there is another factor. There’s either a malfunction, an airflow problem, or parts need to be cleaned.

A game cannot cause hardware to overheat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.